Page 39 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149891395391039 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 39

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    yep, I consider my hubby the smartest man I know. It worries me sometimes that he might be saying this kind of stupid stuff at work (he is a professor).
    geez, what a jerk. demuralist, i wonder the same about my husband. he works in IT so i think he has a little more room to breathe, but it's still worrying. i've developed a pretty tough skin over the years because of him.

sounds like you had some great finds! i can't wait for the pics! oh, and fwiw my face almost always looks big in photos unless the camera was sort of far away and zoomed in, or (like my profile pic) it's just a cruddy picture.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well, luckily he has a good heart, it just isn't always connected to his mouth! Funny thing is that the people he works with and friends of ours often ask me about things he tells them about me-good things like interesting projects I am working on or some clever thing I have done recently or things like "your husband has told me you are an amazing cook, better than the restaurants in the area".

So, one more day till we get to see the photos!

I have never thought of my face as looking big, until I saw my before picture!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Saoirse, the JLO dress is probably more form fitting than the Victoria's secret one I was afraid to buy. I may buy that one someday in a color since my two new dresses are neutral. The difference was that I got to try it on before I bought it.

Pics - Well, I may not take them until Sunday morning. Saturday I have an early workout, then official weigh in a WW then I have to clean my Mom's apt. in preparation for a hospital bed coming in.

We have stopped chemo for my Mom because it was doing more harm than good. Next week we are meeting with the Doc to have "the talk". It could be soon or a few months. She has gained 20 lbs of fluid in the last month. All signs point to the fact that we are losing the battle.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

so very sorry, my heart breaks for you. My dad is going through a proton radiation treatment right now for a sinus condition he has had for years and the docs kept telling him was an infection but turns out to be a cancer. I worry daily about getting a call that says they are going to stop.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

KatyNC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    We have stopped chemo for my Mom because it was doing more harm than good. Next week we are meeting with the Doc to have "the talk". It could be soon or a few months. She has gained 20 lbs of fluid in the last month. All signs point to the fact that we are losing the battle.
    So sorry to read about this Pebbles. Thinking of you, your mother and your family. ::::Love from us in NC::::

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Ladies for your support.

It has been a hard, but good lesson to watch my Mother go through this. A lot of what she is suffering is cancer related, but the fact that she has been close to 300 pounds for 30 years has taken a toll. I have had her eating Primal since the new year and for a while, it helped. She had almost reached 250 and was feeling great. But in the end it can be too late to make a difference. Who knows what might never have happened if she had stuck with Atkins the first time she tried it in the 70's. (Originally his '72 plan included only whole foods.) Maybe I can avoid getting cancer if I am faithful to the Primal lifestyle for the rest of my life.

DH's father refused help after his mom died, he had never lived alone or cooked anything. He was nearly blind. It took him all day to get dressed and take care of eating and then get ready for bed. Eventually he simplified his eating to instant coffee, toaster waffles, and ice cream. He threw his electrolytes out of balance and was not strong enough to recover but was too strong to pass away. It has been 6 years. Some lessons are very difficult to learn.
    Chris
    Unknown

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. my husband's grandfather passed from cancer a few years ago, i remember being told about the edema. my half-brother's mother also passed from cancer 1.5 years ago. it's a cruel illness.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I don't know, either, sure wish I did! I don't move as much as I used to but am increasing it slowly (had to stop for 8 weeks after the P.E.). In October I am going to add in the 5 essential movements-the LR says not to exercise and I plan to do that till mid October. I don't have a binge issue, and really haven't since going low-carb. I have tried all the known combos (more fat, less fat, more calories, less calories, more carbs, less carbs) I dunno, I will just keep plugging away, some version of Primal is gonna work, just a matter of when.

I did read an article the other day that said that people who put on weight easily also build muscle more easily. So hoping that when I start the movements, it will alter the body quickly. I do have pretty much an hour glass shape, part of why I can hide my weight (at least from me-it is all behind me, so to speak) so well.
    demuralist, not sure what you mean by P.E. but you could have adrenal fatigue depending on what happened and any meds that you were or have been on. Apparently steroids can make adrenal fatigue worse. You may want to hold off on heavy exercise for awhile but walking is good. Keep up with that.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Paula, so sorry to hear about your mom. My husband lost grandmother to breast cancer back in 1998 and his grandfather this past March to lymphoma, neck, skin cancers. Keep her as comfortable as you can and do what you need to so your stress levels are at minimum. Praying for you and your family.
    Georgette