Page 387 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487887 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 10757

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 387

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Interesting that adding salt to bone broth does not have a similar effect. I wonder what it is about the bouillon that's so effective.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am going to +1 the advice regarding the PE and low carb. I don't remember how long after I went low carb that I had the PE. It has always been in the back of my mind that there may have been a connection, and there was no other reason found for it. I have been fairly low carb since then and, as suggested, am moving in to VLC very slowly.

It is very fun to have a bunch of us doing the same thing at the same time. I gotta catch up on Dr. Attia's blog.

p.s. My PE showed up 7 months after I started Primal, and that was a few months after I went low carb. I don't know how long it takes for one of those bad boys to develope, but I don't think it unreasonable that there is a connection.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-19-2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: edit to check timing on PE
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Caution All of you know that about 3 weeks into my Primal journey, I had a near deadly incident with pulmonary emboli. Well I feel I would be remiss in not reporting the following research. Although the damage to my circulatory system was already done due to years of metabolic derangement, the likely trigger for the PE was jumping too quickly from super high carb to below 50g. I have read several studies on this issue. In some people with damaged circulatory systems this can happen. The recommendation is to move down the carb curve slowly. This time, I was able to jump in with both feet because I take blood thinners. So if you are super carby over the holidays, please take it slow. It may even help with Carb Flu.
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I have read of similar occurrences on the board. I know that is only anecdotal, but life is anecdotal, after all.

In my simplistic imagining of it, I think about the good primal living 'peeling away' some of the crud from inside our bodies, which is great, except then it is floating around, needing to be dealt with. My 'counter-imagining' is staying hydrated, so that everything can flow freely. Completely unscientific, and probably straight out wrong, but it is what has gotten stuck in my mind.

Also, I add a prayer that I be protected from the side-effects of my past ignorance and present lapses.

Going down the carb-curve slowly sounds good, if only I were so patient. Good wishes to everyone!

It is neat that a few of you are doing this together. I am not going to be tracking my macros, but I am planning on a slow upping of my fat as I head toward the New Year, and my planned fast(for autophagy). If I do have any crud floating around, hopefully my body will just gobble it up!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

In my simplistic imagining of it, I think about the good primal living 'peeling away' some of the crud from inside our bodies, which is great, except then it is floating around, needing to be dealt with. My 'counter-imagining' is staying hydrated, so that everything can flow freely. Completely unscientific, and probably straight out wrong, but it is what has gotten stuck in my mind.
    I think you are on the right track. The body forms clots to repair damage to venal walls caused by chronic inflammation. When the clots in deep veins break off they can travel to the brain and cause strokes, the heart and cause heart attacks and to the lungs as happened with me. My PEs were in a cluster. Both of my lungs were blocked. I believe that when Primal started to do its good work on my body, the clots broke off.

Drinking lots of fluids couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    interesting that adding salt to bone broth does not have a similar effect. I wonder what it is about the bouillon that's so effective.
    msg?

geostump is online now Senior Member
    What you said about your bout with PE made me think about my severe asthma attack that I had October of last year after starting the leptin reset. I wonder if that could be a product of going so VLC under the reset?
    Georgette

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I've been at this for a year now - so I'm hoping any residual "gunk" in my system is already cleaned up. I've been keeping my carbs at a range between 30-80 grams for the entire time. So I'm hoping focusing on staying under 30 won't cause any troubles.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

-I was thinking...Should we start an EMF challenge thread on the nutrition board? (thoughts appreciated)

-I am taking today off to go to my sons school for brunch. I am bringing veggies and full fat dip.

-Can't wait to report on Sunday, EMF is going super well for me. New "recent" low today.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I'd be game for the challenge thread. I'm starting this Sunday. I figure if I don't too badly with carbs on Tuesday, I'll be alright. Can't wait to here about your new low!!!
    Georgette

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yay for a new low, Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -- Ruth