Page 386 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486886 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 10879

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 386

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sweet, that's what I found. Thanks
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Herb Ox says it only has naturally occuring glutamates. Sounds fishy to me.
    Here are your naturally occuring sources of glutamates. If they are using these sources, why don't they just say "used these sources" instead of spelling it out as MSG?

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-food...umami/?v=print

I don't know the credibility of the site. Will keep researching it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My day today...
    Wake up...1tsp matcha powder, in 12oz water, 4T HnH (I shop at Trader Joes and their HWC is a very small container) whirled
    Breakfast smoothie...1C unsweetened almond milk, 1C unsweetened coconut milk (from carton not can), 1T @ cocoa, chia, flax, & kosher gelatin, 2 eggs, and 14g MCT
    Lunch....1 small avocado with 1T mayo and 1/4C toasted pecans, 1oz double cream gouda on the side, Double chocolate Mate with 1T HnH
    Dinner....We have company tonight...BAS with 3C mixed greens, cuke, red pepper, olive oil apple cider vinegar with pumpkin seeds, walnuts and blue cheese. Cream cheese tampenade mix on celery. I will not eat the dessert (she is bringing something-not even gonna look)

My carbs go high, but right now I am doing net carbs so they end up coming in under my 36g limit. I haven't plugged in dinner yet, but I should come within the other limits. Also Dr. Attia talks about easing into this. Hoping that by easing into it I can avoid the carb flu.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-18-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Here's another link for you...

Oops. forgot the link. hehehe

glutamates, MSG, Complementary and Alternative Healing University
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I read a lot on Dr. Attia's blog and my mind is kind of blown. I'm starting to make shopping lists for the changes come the first of the year. Need to also start plugging in macros on recipes to see what I can come up with and make this work for me.
    Georgette

I went to my Dr. today for a follow up on Prozac. Told her I dropped it 3 months ago.lol They made me weigh. I should not have looked. 6 lbs diff from this morning. I am going to be up tomorrow anyway due to re addition of bouillon.

I've been devouring Attia's blog too. I'm going to be as clean as possible through the holidays, but am really going to get into deep ketosis in the new year. I may even by a blood monitor for checking ketones.

I'm going to use the bouillon as well. I plan on working on menus and such for this as well. Figure if were this slow during work, I could have his blog read by the end of the week or mid next week. I want to try his recipe for mushroom soup. Sounds amazing. I'm going to be curious to see how I do on dairy with this.
    Georgette

This is so awesome. A bunch of us doing the same thing at the same time.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Caution All of you know that about 3 weeks into my Primal journey, I had a near deadly incident with pulmonary emboli. Well I feel I would be remiss in not reporting the following research. Although the damage to my circulatory system was already done due to years of metabolic derangement, the likely trigger for the PE was jumping too quickly from super high carb to below 50g. I have read several studies on this issue. In some people with damaged circulatory systems this can happen. The recommendation is to move down the carb curve slowly. This time, I was able to jump in with both feet because I take blood thinners. So if you are super carby over the holidays, please take it slow. It may even help with Carb Flu.

On that note, Dr. Attia recommends 2 grams (abt 2 tsp granulated) of full salt bouillon every day. A cube is 3.5 grams. Since that is what I have on hand, I plan to drink 1 cup with 1 cube daily. Maybe 2 on heavy exercise days. I know we have debated the value of using something with such crap ingredients. This is a personal choice. Dr Attia explains that for the first six weeks of his NK experiment, he was miserable and totally physically exhausted. He discovered that he was eating too much protein (150+grams) and not replacing salts flushed by his kidneys. The bouillon use does not have to be forever. Once you are fat adapted you can choose to drop it or use it only on days you need it.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-19-2012 at 03:02 AM.