Page 385 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 10857

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 385

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I feel like I eat that much fat on an everyday basis, but that looks like less food than I normally eat. I'd be hungry.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I feel like I eat that much fat on an everyday basis, but that looks like less food than I normally eat. I'd be hungry.
    It looks like not a lot of food too. I know I don't eat that much fat and I've been more of a protein eater than anything. It's almost reminiscent of the leptin reset.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Apparently my 14 yr old got choked up when He and Santa arrived at a door after walking down a long driveway and they could hear a little girl yelling "Mommy, Mommy Santa's Here!" He told his father that he wants to be the FH Santa some day. My husband said that they went through double the amount of candy canes than other years. It seems that many families made a point of being around today. Even some adults without kids were happy to see them. They were given some delicious homemade cookies, by one couple.
    This would choke me up too... Just imagining the excitement on that little girls face as she cries to her mother makes my eyes sting!

Just requoting to set down my goals.

My goal is 170 or 77kg. This is toward the high end of my weight range.
    Fat 154g
    Protein 69-85g
    Carb limit 38g

Max cals 1878 74% f / 18% p / 8%c (I actually have been hitting more like 70 / 25 / 5)
    One of my favorite healthy weight charts is actually in the SPEED book. My range at 5'10" is 160-174. For Chris at 5'7" 146-160. For you at 5'5" it suggests 136-150. We are both going for the high end of our range.

If you aimed for 150 (68kg) let's say,

Your fat goal would be 136g
    Protein Range 61-76g
    Highest Carb amt. 34g

Overall calorie goal: 1664

Just try different fat combos until you get something that works. ie. I have 1 oz of macadamias every day, because they are easy (200 cals 21 g fat.)
    How do you determine the calorie goal? I figured the calorie goal for my low end and high end and it seems I have a range of 1500 to 2400 calories per day. How are you nailing it down to 1664 and 1878? Are you just picking the median number or is there a method you're using?

Using the formula you posted my ranges would look like this:

Goal: 140 lbs or 63.5 kilos
    Protein: 58-70 gm
    Carbs: 32 gm
    Fat: 127-222 gm

Calorie range: 1500-2400

I plan to implement this EMF program when I start my 21 day sugar detox right after Christmas.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you're looking at mine, keep in mind that was a low calorie day. I naturally cycle between higher calorie (2200ish) and lower calorie (1600ish) days over 3-4 days periods. I'll post a higher calorie day when I have one.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    NW, I thought I was eating alot of fat too until I measured it. Generally, I was at about 100gfat.

Geo, mine is nothing like the Leptin reset, There is at best 15g of protein there at breakfast.

When you increase fat, you will eat less food by volume because you will crave less. I merely lessened protein and carbs and added fat to replace it.

Jenn Multiply fat grams by 9 and carb & protein grams by 4 each...PS in both of my figures, I only used the low end fat grams because I need to lose weight. The protein range is what changed my numbers. If you figured both ends of the fat gram count then you did the math right.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you ladies are laying down some good planning here. I hope all works out
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Bouillon I am going back to drinking my crappy cubed bouillon even though I know what is in it. Adding salt to my bone broth did not have the same helpful curbing of the carb flu. No idea why. Dr Attia uses 1-2 cubes of Knorr / day when in nutritional ketosis and ups that when he is fasting. Seems to me if it keeps me on track, I should use it and clean things up later. Carb Flu got really bad on Sunday (day 7). I basically laid on the couch all day and finally resorted to ice cream. It wasn't a binge, but definitely not VLC. So now I am burning that sugar instead of fat.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's shocking to me that Dr. Attia is using Knorr. Here is the ingredients list according to Foodfacts.com

Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Cottonseed Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Chicken Fat, Corn Protein Hydrolyzed, Corn Starch, Sugar, Chicken Meat Dried, Onion(s) Powder, Water, Turmeric, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Spice(s), Parsley Dried, Citric Acid, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Flavor(s) Natural

NK, avoid at all costs!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yup. You were the one who got me to look at the labels.

PS, I am drinking a double right now. For me if it is the difference between staying the course or eating tons of carbs to feel normal, I'd rather not give into the binge.

Herb Ox says it only has naturally occuring glutamates. Sounds fishy to me.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Do you have the link available to Dr. Attia's blog/site/what have you? I'd be curious in looking at more of his information.
    Georgette