Page 385 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 385

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If you're looking at mine, keep in mind that was a low calorie day. I naturally cycle between higher calorie (2200ish) and lower calorie (1600ish) days over 3-4 days periods. I'll post a higher calorie day when I have one.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    NW, I thought I was eating alot of fat too until I measured it. Generally, I was at about 100gfat.

Geo, mine is nothing like the Leptin reset, There is at best 15g of protein there at breakfast.

When you increase fat, you will eat less food by volume because you will crave less. I merely lessened protein and carbs and added fat to replace it.

Jenn Multiply fat grams by 9 and carb & protein grams by 4 each...PS in both of my figures, I only used the low end fat grams because I need to lose weight. The protein range is what changed my numbers. If you figured both ends of the fat gram count then you did the math right.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 Guest
    It sounds like you ladies are laying down some good planning here. I hope all works out

Bouillon I am going back to drinking my crappy cubed bouillon even though I know what is in it. Adding salt to my bone broth did not have the same helpful curbing of the carb flu. No idea why. Dr Attia uses 1-2 cubes of Knorr / day when in nutritional ketosis and ups that when he is fasting. Seems to me if it keeps me on track, I should use it and clean things up later. Carb Flu got really bad on Sunday (day 7). I basically laid on the couch all day and finally resorted to ice cream. It wasn't a binge, but definitely not VLC. So now I am burning that sugar instead of fat.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's shocking to me that Dr. Attia is using Knorr. Here is the ingredients list according to Foodfacts.com

Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Cottonseed Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Chicken Fat, Corn Protein Hydrolyzed, Corn Starch, Sugar, Chicken Meat Dried, Onion(s) Powder, Water, Turmeric, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Spice(s), Parsley Dried, Citric Acid, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Flavor(s) Natural

NK, avoid at all costs!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yup. You were the one who got me to look at the labels.

PS, I am drinking a double right now. For me if it is the difference between staying the course or eating tons of carbs to feel normal, I'd rather not give into the binge.

Herb Ox says it only has naturally occuring glutamates. Sounds fishy to me.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Do you have the link available to Dr. Attia's blog/site/what have you? I'd be curious in looking at more of his information.
    Georgette

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Sweet, that's what I found. Thanks
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Herb Ox says it only has naturally occuring glutamates. Sounds fishy to me.
    Here are your naturally occuring sources of glutamates. If they are using these sources, why don't they just say "used these sources" instead of spelling it out as MSG?

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-food...umami/?v=print

I don't know the credibility of the site. Will keep researching it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)