Page 382 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 11842

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 382

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am currently also allowing artificial sweeteners. Let me get into ketosis first, then I'll take on that challenge.

Tomi, cheese cake sounds amazing.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    not sure the ice cream will work without the sugar, can't remember what it does but it has something to do with the structure, which is why sugar free ice cream has so much other stuff in it.

I made a mousse for the boys the other day though that was just whipped heavy cream, add some stevia and nut butter and voila.

Stevia is the only AS I use now, no plans to give it up. I may eventually get to where I don't need sweet, but for right now, well like you said, first things first.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This is where I have a lot of problems with eating fat. I despise mayo with a passion(I've tried to make it myself and still can't get around to eat it) and can't seem to get myself locked into the idea of eating fat by itself. I've tried mixing chocolate of cocoa with CO and that causes the gag factor pretty badly for me. I can handle dairy on a very limited basis. Maybe once or twice a week at best. My only other idea is to eat bacon all day long. I can handle putting CO in coffee, that isn't so bad. I'm just not sure what to do in regards to getting in more fat. Plus, in regards to figuring out how much fat you should get, how do you figure out what weight you want to be at? Since I've never been thin, this is something that is difficult for me to figure out.
    Georgette

well on the goal weight, I would just pick a number that seems reasonable to you. How tall are you and (if you don't mind telling) what do you weigh now). And what is your wrist measurement?

To how much fat, once we figure out a goal weight, then we will plug you into the formula that Paula posted.

Now how to get fat ideas...

So the bulletproof coffee (or tea) is a great way to start. Or I do a morning shake that doesn't have dairy, I use coconut milk and almond milk (unsweetened of course), then there is avocado, olives (tampenade), pesto, macadamia nuts, and choosing higher fat versions of the meats and anything else that you eat, butter or ghee on veggies or steak. There are also a few ideas in that article I posted a few responses back on this thread. Actually that website has a bit of nice info for this purpose. I also like Dr. Attia's blog.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I'm 5'5, weigh somewhere between 230-220 pounds. Wrist measures around 7.75" to 7.50 inches.
    Georgette

so I am 5'7 and my wrist is 6.75 and I am pretty big boned (I know that all us fat girls say this but it is true), so you obviously also have a large frame. I have been between 160 and 170 several times in my life and it is about a size 10 for me. If I were you I would shoot for somewhere between Paula and I, which is 160 to 170. Paula has posted her macro goals up a few responses and mine are posted in my journal today. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 70g of protein, 30g of carb, and 140g of fat, and about 1700 calories, using the info from Paleobird's quote.

p.s. I forgot to add things like chia and flax too.
    Chris
    Unknown

I remember in high school I weighed about 150 and wore a size 13/14(this was 18 years ago) and I were a 14/16 now, so build wise, I am relatively close to where I was at back then. Obviously my body comp has changed quite a deal over the years(pregnancies more than likely did that).
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    One of my favorite healthy weight charts is actually in the SPEED book. My range at 5'10" is 160-174. For Chris at 5'7" 146-160. For you at 5'5" it suggests 136-150. We are both going for the high end of our range.

If you aimed for 150 (68kg) let's say,

Your fat goal would be 136g
    Protein Range 61-76g
    Highest Carb amt. 34g

Overall calorie goal: 1664

Just try different fat combos until you get something that works. ie. I have 1 oz of macadamias every day, because they are easy (200 cals 21 g fat.)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-17-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Funny, I reached 145 once and looked awful! My face looked skeletal. 160 is the weight I used to always end up at when I was done with whatever crazy diet I was doing, I was always trying to get back to the 145, because I thought I was supposed to not because it looked good!

Wow, Paula, I didn't realize you were that tall! No wonder you were so striking in the belly dance video (on top of the fact that you were obviously the most talented!!)
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I keep telling myself I'm big boned, but I'm not. My wrist is 6". If asked, I would say DH is small boned (Asian). I hauled my measuring tape down and measured that wrist of his. We're the same height. Guess what his wrist measurement is? Yeah. Exactly the same as mine. Ah, denial....

(I'm envious, Paula & Chris, of your height. I either wanted to be small & petite or have some great height.)
    -- Ruth