Page 382 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 10895

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 382

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well for me the first thing I did was to stop trying to get such high protein numbers (I was shooting for 175g to 200g) So that meant no more whey, and no more egg whites, and anything else I had switched to fat free (cottage cheese and greek yogurt) to get high protein numbers yet keep fat moderate.

Then I looked at where else I was getting a higher protein to fat ratio and tried to see if it could be switched. So I eat a can of wild salmon for lunch everyday with avocado, I added a T of homemade mayo (olive oil would work too), and added 2 oz of really nice cheese. I dropped all the extra veggies I was pushing on my self and now just do a giant mixed salad at dinner.

For me, up to this point it was just about shifting priorities. From here I am going to have to think about it a bit more.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow Chris, you really have made some changes.

Can't believe I forgot avocado on my fat add list.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Here is the formula:

"I ran across an interesting formula for figuring your ratios from the work of Dr Jan Kwasniewski author of The Optimal Diet.
    First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it it your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)

So, at my height and HSIS weight this come out to about 1500 calories if I use the low end of the fat range and that is sometimes hard to get enough to make that. I wouldn't want to do it any higher."

She also recommends reading the blog of Dr Peter Attia for more information on nutritional ketosis.
    Just requoting to set down my goals.

My goal is 170 or 77kg. This is toward the high end of my weight range.
    Fat 154g
    Protein 69-85g
    Carb limit 38g

Max cals 1878 74% f / 18% p / 8%c (I actually have been hitting more like 70 / 25 / 5)
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Hey, go big or go home right. I felt like I really gave the lots of veggies route plenty of chances, time to do something I have never even come close to trying!

Your goals are very similar to mine, my HSIS is 160, but I weighed 170 for my wedding and looked pretty great at that weight as well. I am certain I do not have as much muscle mass as you do though. However by the time I get there, I just might!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I just ran across this article on Nutritional Ketosis (I am researching and finding that because of my health background...cancer, high BP, excess stored fat, etc...I really need to be doing this) and it gives some ideas for increasing fat intake in a healthful way...12 Healthy High-Fat Foods Perfect For Nutritional Ketosis
    Chris
    Unknown

Great Article! I was reading some of the comments on another article of Jimmy's about Low Carb Mistakes. This guy had a hard time getting into nutritional ketosis. He found out that he was having an insulin response to dairy. Something to consider anyway. I am cleaning up dairy to just ghee and heavy cream in the new year anyway

Also both Jimmy Moore and Peter Attia take in fat in the form of taking tbsp of oil. Attia takes MCT oil, Moore takes Fish oil. I am going to add MCT to my program. It helps promote the formation of ketone bodies.

I have MCT, I add it to DS's morning coffee, I could easily add a T to my morning shake! I also need to start back up with my tsp of fish oil. Especially since it looks like most days I will have to switch out my salmon for cheese at lunch depending on what is planned for dinner.
    Chris
    Unknown

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I just read that article. Makes sense -- I'm giving it a try. I've been eating low carb - but according to that article I've been eating too much protein. So -- going to cut back on the protein, and pump up the fat intake. I'm not a lover of avocado though so will focus on other sources. BACON is a good place to start! I usually eat it everyday as it is - but maybe I will just add one or two more slices! I always ghee on hand, and lots of butter! I should get some cream cheese. oh........... cheese cake with stevia maybe??? crustless. I wonder if you can make ice cream with stevia? I have a killer ice cream recipe - heavy cream, half and half, whole eggs, vanilla and sugar. If I could sub stevia for sugar it would be totally primal and very high fat, low carb and low protein. I'm going to do a bit of research on that one! I mean - what could be better than losing weight while eating real home made ice cream!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I am with you ladies. It has to be too much protein that is stalling my weight loss. I know I'll end up challenged with fat, but I am making the coconut oil chocolates and if it is too much processed stuff from the stevia and cocoa powder, then it will be my one vice.

I am currently also allowing artificial sweeteners. Let me get into ketosis first, then I'll take on that challenge.

Tomi, cheese cake sounds amazing.