Page 381 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481881 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 11124

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 381

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Eat Moar Fat Report I have six clean EMF days in (Macros 70-75f /20-25p /5c)

Wt. 232.2 (new recent low) -10.6 ***Note that I was very bloated from bingeing

I lost 4 inches in various places, but gained an inch in my Bust SCORE! -3 in

BF% 40% down to 39.2%

BMI 34.4 down to 33.4

I have been feeling great. I have not had carb flu at all. I attribute this to drinking a cup of my bone broth with dinner every night. Cravings have been light to nonexistent. Sleep is improving. I am working back up to my old workout schedule, but taking it slow. I have cut supplements down to a minimum (for me).

Multivitamin
    B-complex
    D3
    Maca
    iodine & selenium
    calcium
    magnesium (N. calm)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-16-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: edited macros

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    What a great start! Congratulations, Pebbles. I'm especially glad to hear about the lack of 'carb flu' and the minimal cravings.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Yeah!!! I am scooting my way in the LCHF direction and I am amazed at how much of a difference 1 day makes. My macros are not as far in it as yours but I am getting there. Congrats.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I just did a macro edit as I actually have a range for fat and protein. Fitday usually has me at 65% fat before I have my bone broth fat bomb.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, Paula!!!!!!!!!!! I pray that this helps with your cravings/binges.

When is Christmas break?
    -- Ruth

It starts on the 22nd. We have 1.5 weeks this year. My gang is staying at home and relaxing. Yay!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I can easily get to 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carb, so I am inching my way there. The beauty of having a dinner salad is that I can vary the veggies and it looks and feels like a lot of food at a time of day when I am likely to be looking for more food.

It has been in the back of my mind since I started SSoS that the protein seemed high, especially since I had tried higher protein with SPEED and not only was it hard to get that much protein, it didn't help. But I thought with the addition of all those veggies that would make the difference.

I do think that Paleobird is right, that it is the combo of LCHF and calories that makes the difference. I don't think we can consciously do the calorie cut though because the body will adjust. Been there done that. So I am hoping this shift to higher fat and lower protein is the shift that will make my body use fat as its fuel source. Looks like it is working for you!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    For all of you that have been upping fat, what are you doing? I don't like extra fat in broth. I try to do bulletproof coffee or even put coconut oil in my coffee but it gets too rich for me and I feel sick after having it. Any ideas?
    Georgette

Geo, I had to allow high fat dairy back into my diet.

Try Cream cheese (strait up or on celery), pork rinds & sour cream, macadamia nuts, other high fat cheeses, avocado. I usually eat two servings of these/day. I add heavy cream to my coffee and cook my eggs in CO and drink my broth. That is all. I am keeping my calories between 1600-1900. You might have to make 3 high fat choices.

Run the math.

Paleobird had a formula in her journal for figuring the macros. I'll see if I can find it.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-17-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: add avocado to list

Here is the formula:

"I ran across an interesting formula for figuring your ratios from the work of Dr Jan Kwasniewski author of The Optimal Diet.
    First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it it your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
    HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
    HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
    The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)

So, at my height and HSIS weight this come out to about 1500 calories if I use the low end of the fat range and that is sometimes hard to get enough to make that. I wouldn't want to do it any higher."

She also recommends reading the blog of Dr Peter Attia for more information on nutritional ketosis.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67