Page 377 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477877 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 11343

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 377

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    wow. what a scandal!! I'm sorry your school district is going through this. The major of our city was busted for having a pot growing operation in his basement a few years back. Wilton was the laughing stock of the county for weeks after that.

Sorry about the car problems. Brad and I are at a point right now where our credit union says we can't borrow any money until we pay a couple things off - one of those things being a credit card. So I'm hoping my car will last us long enough to see that through. Good luck. Would it be possible for your husband to buy the car? Or finance it now, get the car at the crappy rates and then refinance it when you find a better deal? I've done that. I got a car when I was in college and was told the payment would be X. Then when I got the payment book, the payment was X plus about $50. I was in college. I couldn't afford the higher payment. Went to my mom's bank and refinanced for an interest rate in the mid-single digits and lowered the payment to $50 LESS than X. Might be something to consider if you don't want to look like a fool - but it also allows the dealership to win...

Maybe tell Facebook you realized the dealership was screwing you over when the paperwork didn't match what you were verbally quoted so you ended the deal!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Just went to credit union. Talked to the lady with whom I applied. The bank wants a cosigner. My husbands credit is worse than mine and his income is small so that is a no go.

She and I talked about how conservative the CU is and she made the same suggestion as Jenn above. She said that if I was really impressed with the car, I should get it through the car company at the high interest rate and then in a few months do a refi with the CU. I think this would work and I have been cleaning up my credit, so it should show by then.

Even though I am not happy with the rate, the local car company is not trying to screw me personally. I went on the Nissan site and punched in my numbers. Sure enough it came out to 15% interest and a 380+ payment. I left a message with my salesman asking if the rate can be lowered. At the end of school, I will go there and meet with the finance person. Either way, I will probably get the car because I am impressed with it and I am honestly tired of worrying about my car breaking down.

*Breaking News* I just talked to the car company finance person. I am going to buy the car. She explained that they are locked in on the interest rates, which is OK. My payment will be lower because we went with 72 months. That means I will be able to pay extra each month or pay off some other stuff and I won't pay too much on the car before I can refi. The finance person suggested the refi as well.

They want to know if I want to pick it up today...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Just went to credit union. Talked to the lady with whom I applied. The bank wants a cosigner. My husbands credit is worse than mine and his income is small so that is a no go.

She and I talked about how conservative the CU is and she made the same suggestion as Jenn above. She said that if I was really impressed with the car, I should get it through the car company at the high interest rate and then in a few months do a refi with the CU. I think this would work and I have been cleaning up my credit, so it should show by then.

Even though I am not happy with the rate, the local car company is not trying to screw me personally. I went on the Nissan site and punched in my numbers. Sure enough it came out to 15% interest and a 380+ payment. I left a message with my salesman asking if the rate can be lowered. At the end of school, I will go there and meet with the finance person. Either way, I will probably get the car because I am impressed with it and I am honestly tired of worrying about my car breaking down.

*Breaking News* I just talked to the car company finance person. I am going to buy the car. She explained that they are locked in on the interest rates, which is OK. My payment will be lower because we went with 72 months. That means I will be able to pay extra each month or pay off some other stuff and I won't pay too much on the car before I can refi. The finance person suggested the refi as well.

They want to know if I want to pick it up today...
    Positives!!!!! Woot!!!
    Georgette

That sounds like it's a big relief for sure.

Be great when you can refi at a lower rate...

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad to hear its all working out post of pic of the new car!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Yay! See? Even in the midst of the chaos, good things are happening. *positive vibes for you*
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Well it took all evening, but my beautiful new car is in my driveway. Pics tomorrow.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I just tried to "like" your post haha. Awesome!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My New Car...

I think my eyes are closed.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Nice car!!!! The blue is very pretty!!! So is the lady behind the wheel.
    Georgette