Page 375 of 1115 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 11147

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 375

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks gang.

Well, I am buying a Nissan Versa SV in lovely dark blue. I will take pics when I bring it home some time this week. Just waiting to see what type of interest rate my bank will give me.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-09-2012 at 03:44 PM.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yay! I hope it's a wonderful car, that has a long life, and minimum maintenance requirements.
    -- Ruth

Wt. 242.7 Just reporting. Halfway back to my starting weight.

I am engaged in a battle both physical, mental and maybe even spiritual. I will keep fighting on using all the weapons in my arsenal, even prayer. Especially prayer, as nothing else has worked.

I am claiming the following Bible verses. For you non believers think along the lines of "The Secret". The concept is similar.
    Romans 8:37 "No, In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."
    1 Corinthians 9:27 "But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." (This one is about hypocrisy. Love it. How can I convince people about this amazing WOL if I am not successful myself?)

Food Plan: 75%fat, 20%protein,5%carb a la the "Eat Moar Fat" thread. Allowing dairy and AS for now. Plan to clean up to W30 for Jan.
    Exercise: Working back up to 2-3 LHT in the gym, 1-2 classes (Cardio Kick, Zumba, Belly Dancing), Elliptical, PBF or Yoga in AM.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-10-2012 at 03:12 AM.

In other news,

I am thankful today for being able put my big girl panties on and deal with my car situation. I did it all by myself because I needed to for me and did not want to burden my husband. He said he is very proud of me. There have been times in my life when I was overwhelmed by a situation and just expected him to take care of things. Another benefit of Primal?, my near death experience? who knows?

BTW my new car is Awesome. I even picked a pretty and unique color. I came home yesterday all excited, but knew that I had to get my husband's permission to spend about $1000 more than planned to get the model I wanted. He agreed that the higher model was a better idea. (The low end model had roll up windows and manual door locks. Real old school. lol) I was effusive about the color and the rear spoiler. He said "a sexy new car for a sexy woman". <3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have only dipped my toes into the 'eat moar fat' thread, and not even enough to analyze percentages. I am interested in the 75% fat, and wondering if it will work like a fat fast does, to really cut cravings(along with the low carbohydrate.) I know you have emotional bingeing issues, as well, but I'll still be following with interest to see. As well as your general success, Pebbles.

As for your Q, you're still below where you started, you're much healthier, and you have a good idea of several things to try. A good Q+.

Yay for the car!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have been running at about 50% or more fat, 35% protein, and 15% or less carb and it feels pretty good. I like veggies too much to get much below 10% carbs. I don't remember that you have actually tried this iteration so thinking this could be it for you! I am excited.

Congrats on the car.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the new addition!! I have never had a new new car but I imagine its an awesome feeling. Just to put a positive spin on things.. a new car, a new chapter.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

This is my third new car, but the first one that I chose for me instead of for price or practicality. It meets those criteria as well.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paula. I'm too far behind to get caught up at work. Sorry to hear about the car troubles. My car just turned over 160,000 miles so I'm anticipating it developing problems at some point in the next year. With any luck we'll drive it well past 200k. It's a Ford Fusion (I saw you were looking at Fiestas on Facebook... not for me. I didn't like that car when it was out before so I don't like it now. lol). My next car will hopefully be a Ford Edge. Used, of course.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm only going to tell you guys this, I'll deal with FB later...I may have counted my chickens too early so to speak. I may not be able to buy the car.

My credit union is dragging their feet on my application which usually means a denial. The dealership will finance, but at a 15-17 percent interest rate. For reference, a person with normal credit would get about 6.9%. At the interest rate they are offering, I would pay 23,500 for a 16,000 car. Yes, I would pay for the car 1.5 times. Idiots.

The sweet little car salesman who showed me pics of his daughter is now sweetly demanding that I come in and talk to the finance person face to face. Yesterday when I called to have him run the credit app he tells me that he can't run the app without a CC deposit. Then when I balked, my credit app was miraculously run without a deposit. When I talked to him later, he said the car payment was nearer to $400/month than $300. I asked what the interest rate was. He said he didn't know...which is bullshit. I know that there are people who will say "I can afford X payment" without realizing that a high rate will make the car cost X more. Sorry Buddy, I am not one of those stupid people. GRRR I hate car sales. Same BS tactics every time.

Today I will get an answer from the CU. If it is a no, I will then call my salesman and say I cannot do business with you unless you can get the rate down to 9%.

So embarrassed that I have been crowing about my new car.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-11-2012 at 03:16 AM.