Page 373 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473873 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 10895

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 373

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OK car peeps, here is the news. It is a blown head gasket. The mechanic said, "Not good. It could be a big (expensive) job" I could tell that he thinks I should give up on this car.

Damnit. Just when I thought we would be getting ahead.
    Yeah, blown head gasket on a Chrysler means run for the hills. Anyway you could get a cheap used vehicle for the time being?

Clint works for a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer and would tell you not to buy a car from them at all period. He actually advises people for new cars to purchase a Ford or a Honda. Do not get a Kia, Hyundai, etc. They are crap.
    Last edited by geostump; 12-07-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not even sure I could get a car loan because our credit is garbage. We have no money in savings. I'm beginning to feel mighty depressed.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I will save you the explanation of head gaskets and what a broken one means. It is a crummy failure. That's what we're fixing on my Mustang and what happened to my parents' car a couple of weeks ago (when they finally gave up on it and bought a new car).

The answers will come. Just get through today for now. You can't do anything about the car for the moment, right? So let it sit.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

P, I know our church has acted as a clearinghouse for people wanting to help, and people needing to help. We donated my grandmother's freezer to a needy family, e.g. Perhaps there would be someone who has a spare car (retiree?) that they could lend to you? Or perhaps carpool to work with another teacher temporarily?

Our church has a group of mechanics that purchases the parts and replaces them at no charge. I know that getting a head redone is expensive(minimally $150), then all the work involved to replace. Check with a church. Doesn't hurt to try
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Yeah, blown head gasket on a Chrysler means run for the hills. Anyway you could get a cheap used vehicle for the time being?

Clint works for a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer and would tell you not to buy a car from them at all period. He actually advises people for new cars to purchase a Ford or a Honda. Do not get a Kia, Hyundai, etc. They are crap.
    LOOOOVED my Hyundai!! Also, they have awesome safety features. They are tough and can take a lot of abuse.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    If I had my wish, I would get a Honda Civic or a Ford Fiesta. Drove a 2010 civic once when we were down a car. It was practical, but had a little sexy too.

demuralist is offline Senior Member

I miss my van. I bought my highlander from CarMax. I wouldn't recommend it. The car or the company
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    LOOOOVED my Hyundai!! Also, they have awesome safety features. They are tough and can take a lot of abuse.
    If you ask any mechanic or anyone in the automobile industry, why would you buy a car with a 10yr 100k mile warranty? Means the car is not worth what you are paying for it. Most everyone I know with a Hyundai, they die at around 75k and are stuck with a POS.
    Georgette

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    With cars, there is no 'getting ahead'.