Page 370 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 11126

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 370

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I practiced my lesson on my 3rd period class. Ugh! not great...I am psyching myself out. One more hour.

I am such a freaking worry wart in addition to being an apologist.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I practiced my lesson on my 3rd period class. Ugh! not great...I am psyching myself out. One more hour.

I am such a freaking worry wart in addition to being an apologist.
    What is there to think about? You knock this stuff out of the park every day. Just take a breath and do your thing
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

A lot lf the evaluation is student interaction and response during the lesson. My third per acted like zombies. Im used to it, but the evaluator mightsee it as a failure in teaching.

A lot lf the evaluation is student interaction and response during the lesson. My third per acted like zombies. Im used to it, but the evaluator mightsee it as a failure in teaching.
    Probably all crashing from Pop-Tarts, cereal, pancakes, sweet drinks...

Oh, I understand that. I've been teacher evaluated. I found the best case senario was to find your go to students (every class has one or two that really want to participate) and work that angle. Or hell, bribery. Good old fashioned bribery.

That said, isn't the evaluator someone who knows you like an administrator or some such?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Ok. It went very well. My 7th period apparently came in ready to put on a show. They all participated. It was great until the last 30 sec when they put away their stuff and started playing with their phones. They are allowed to listen to music when they write, so they already had them out. Oh well.

FW - Totally True. I need these kids to get primal.

Canio - It was like all my go to kids were in the same class. lol I've known the evaluator for 10 years. He is a native speaker of Spanish, so that made me nervous. I know my nervousness caused a lot of mistakes.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ah, so glad it is over, I am certain it went well!

I think I am the opposite of you in this regard. I just don't worry about that sort of thing, I actually have to work to keep from being overly confident. I'm not it is just a defense mechanism!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I tell the girls that when they are nervous, to let their nerves work to their advantage because everyone else is just as nervous as they are. It works. Glad its over for you and hopefully, you'll get an awesome eval.
    Georgette

Canio - It was like all my go to kids were in the same class. lol I've known the evaluator for 10 years. He is a native speaker of Spanish, so that made me nervous. I know my nervousness caused a lot of mistakes.
    I am sure you did fine. Also, if your native speaker of Spanish is anything like most native speakers of English he is probably borderline illiterate. (I am sure he isn't).

Today

The Good -

-Got a ton of paperwork done.
    -Had a great time with my students. Today was a free day because they "caught" me speaking English 50 times. It was fun to watch them play games like twister with each other. Yes they must say "right hand red" etc. in Spanish.
    -Enjoyed the feeling that my eval was over even though there is a post eval meeting and tons of questions still to answer.
    -Got to flirt and chat with one of my favorite people who also happens to be quite a cheerleader
    -Making my first ever bone broth from a turkey carcass
    -I ate clean all day today and feel no urge to binge
    -We got our wood stove fan which will help spread the warmth around the house. It sits on the stove and runs on heat.
    -I have a new movie to watch courtesy of Netflix.

The Bad

-My car overheated again and is being towed back to the shop tomorrow morning. Poor husband has to get up to take me to school again and I have to find a ride home on a Friday.

SEE my bad list is very short!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.