Page 361 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461861 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 11055

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 361

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes. Tomorrow is a new day with a new plan. Time to go to bed and recharge. Actually, my husband already warned me that he plans to wake me up when he gets home from work. Geez, Men are confusing.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Geez, Men are confusing.
    We prefer the term mysterious.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I think Yesterday's blog post was meant especially for me.

This morning I weighed and measured everything just for a reality check. I am restarting a W30 style eating plan today, but will not make progress reports. Even though I was only clean of dairy grains and sugar for 5 days, my body reacted with pain, bloating and gas to their reintroduction.

I learned that aromatherapy oils should not necessarily be used in the bath. I have several itchy patches today.

I guess one could say that my husband and I have "made up". I am hopeful, but I tend to end up in the dog house over small things lately.

Thanks again for all the support yesterday.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay for self-reviving dryers. And all the other stuff.

Pet peeve, though. Run-on sentence ahead. I know(in general!) men use sex to make-up and get the good feelings afterwards, whereas women like to make-up in other ways, and get the maid-up FEELINGS before they have the sex, and sometimes you go ahead and have the sex before you (the female) feels made-up, because, hey, the fact that he WANTS to make-up, even though it is his way and not yours, makes you feel like going along, but afterwards, when he is is the glow of 'we've made-up', why, oh why, do your feelings get swept aside, as if ALL the making up is done, and not just part of it?

Don't know if that is at all relevant to you, but it has happened to me a time or two, and boy, does it irk. Honey will feel like I'm starting the fight again, when really, I just want him to complete the make-up process for me, the way I did for him.

Good to know about the aromatherapy oils. I'm thinking of trying that bath today, after so many of you were jumping in the tub yesterday and feeling results, but I'll stick with the basics, just in case.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think aromatherapy oils often require some kind of lotion/oil for application, to avoid irritation. So that may be why they don't work so well in a bath, which is just water. Or maybe it's just certain oils that can be problematic. I don't have any experience with them!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read the detox recipe, but a thought on the aromatherapy oils would be to use them as incense next to the tub. I used to work in an Aveda salon and I seem to remember that was how we "prescribed" they be used. Put them in a glass container and put it on a hot plate or over a candle.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Hey P, I can relate to your current situation with your hubby. We've had similar times, and I suspect will again. I hesitate to offer anything in the way of advice or what-have-you, as I believe everyone's relationships are different. And I am no expert. Just know that you're not alone in that... or any of the other things in your life that you're currently struggling with. If you have ONE person you can rely on to listen, hold your hand, give you a shoulder, or just plain BE there with you... even if it is over the 'net... you are not alone.

Hang in there. ((hugs))

These particular oils are meant for rubbing on your hands and inhaling. There are oils made for the bath.
    Who knows, the itchy skin could also be a wheat reaction.

*TMI Alert for sexual content* In response to Sabine...Your thoughts are relevant at least in my situation. For my husband, sex is a huge part of his belief that I love him. I have learned that often in order to have my emotional needs taken care of, I have to make the first offering. Now don't get me wrong, I love having sex with my husband and things are currently quite amazing in that department, but there are times when I think. "Wow I really don't want to right now. I'm pissed off and hurt." Last night was not one of those times. I needed him and he was there. He has no idea what goes on in my crazy female brain most of the time. He doesn't know about yesterday's meltdown. Unless he is reading this journal...If so, I'll certainly hear about the following, but I find this funny.
    **TMI Double Alert** About a year ago my husband bought "us" a toy who I named "Viggo" (Yes after THAT Viggo). The idea was that I would be able to come more quickly during oral sex and not feel hung up on the time pressure. Believe it or not the addition of our friend has helped me work out a lot of "issues" and loosen up, which in turn has made things better. The other day when we were cleaning up our room for use by my inlaws, my husband went to hide Viggo in a better spot, but he was missing. Alas, I was caught red handed. Viggo was hidden in the bookshelf on my side of the bed. I had used him alone (GASP!) during the week that we were fighting and husband was working 6 nights in a row. He was so insulted that I would use Viggo without him. Apparently he sees this as a betrayal or a sign that I don't need him? He teased me about it mercilessly for several days until I told him to grow up and cut it out. lol
    I'm a Primal girl. I have needs, and I won't be chided for satisfying them without cheating on my husband. If I hadn't used Viggo he would never have known. Here's where I will find out if he actually reads my journal...This week I bought myself a "personal massager" which is hidden among my books, so I don't have to take crap over Viggo anymore. It has a name too, but I'll keep that to myself.

For the entire post. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Hang in there. ((hugs))
    Thanks, Zee.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I haven't read the detox recipe, but a thought on the aromatherapy oils would be to use them as incense next to the tub. I used to work in an Aveda salon and I seem to remember that was how we "prescribed" they be used. Put them in a glass container and put it on a hot plate or over a candle.
    Ohhh Good Idea.