Page 359 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459859 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 11061

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 359

Shop Now
    P, you just have to forgive yourself and do the best you can. The Primal WOL doesn't make you Superwoman; positive change is incremental, and sometimes we all backslide. It's called being human.

As nameless says, all these concerns involve other people, and getting others to act the way you want or hope or expect falls into the herding cats category sometimes. Just do your best. Take a moment to pray or meditate every week and forgive yourself, and to cleanse yourself, and to refocus yourself. You're carrying way too much on those shoulders.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    The Primal WOL doesn't make you Superwoman.
    What? Wait a minute. It Doesn't? I've been had. ; )

Thanks FW and the rest of you for such truly fabulous and uplifting advice.
    I have a plan which I will mostly keep to myself for now. Tonight I am going to go take a new ZUMBA class and see if I can't get some good feelings brewing. Back on the wagon (in whatever primal form I choose) tomorrow. Husband is at work this evening, but seems to be in a good mood today. He asked if the kids and I would go along for the ride to PA tomorrow evening to pick up his parents. I said yes.

Where in PA?

Bethlehem. My SIL lives and owns a business there. My inlaws went to see her hair salon.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The advice I want to give is to tell you to concentrate on one or two of those tasks that are most important to you. Focus your energies there and do what you can with the others, but don't stress over them. maybe? And most CERTAINLY, don't be afraid to ask for help! You shouldn't have to carry the weight of the world on just your shoulders. I know as women we tend to think that's our job, but it's ok to ask for help.

Hugs to you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Bethlehem. My SIL lives and owns a business there. My inlaws went to see her hair salon.
    I lived there for a couple of years. Hope it's nicer now!

One other add: this time of year can be especially stressful, which can trigger bad eating and can exacerbate other issues in your life as well. Simplify, simplify, simplify. Unclutter your mind of petty concerns like making sure how much you spend on holiday gifts is equal to the penny for each person, or being sure to attend every social gathering you're invited to, or whatever stresses you out. Mrs. FW is famous for this kind of stress, and I try to help her just let go of all that and enjoy being with those we care about.

Also, the time of season and limited sunlight does play with our sleep and emotional cycles. I think it's easiest to wear yourself down in the winter months - emotionally, physically, psychologically. Take some "me" times to recharge. A nice long bath. Time alone with a favorite book. A nap when you normally would be doing some scheduled task.

Bethlehem seems to be having a renaissance according to my SIL.

We are having a very simple family xmas. I am grateful that we are not running to FL like last year. Last year it was great however because it was the first xmas without my Mom. We are buying a limited amount of gifts which should help with the finances.
    You are right. I should pamper myself instead of treating myself as an enemy.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My brother-in-law and wife live in Bethlehem, I have not been there in a few years though. DH spent time there before his father passed away but mostly shuttling back and forth from the BIL's house and the nursing home.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hope the Zumba is a nice pampering me-time session for you. I realize dancing your ass off is not exactly pampering, but I'm sure it'll be fun . I've driven through Bethlehem before, it's along the route to the summer camp I attended in my early teens for a few years. That was a 9-13 hr drive from here (depending on traffic)!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Made it through the school day. My students thought that my red eyes were due to being tired. That worked for me.

I'm home with my boys now. My kids are awesome. I gave them the rest of the candy I bought on the way home to binge on. I am feeling the urge to drink hot tea and not eat anymore today.

Oh, I have a funny story for you guys. About 2 months ago, our clothes dryer stopped working. It would start but then shut off after 1 minute. I cleaned out the entire thing including the hose and vent, but it still wouldn't work. So we have been washing 1 load of laundry at a day and drying it on a wooden rack near the wood stove. We finally came up with enough money to fix it so we called the repair guy. He thought it was odd and suggested that we try it one more time before he came out here. Lo and behold the darn thing works again. Somehow it reset itself. Maybe during the last power outage we had? We saved about $200 and learned a lot about drying clothes the old fashioned way.