Page 357 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457857 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 11123

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 357

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Zee

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Chris, I agree that more sleep would certainly help. I am sometimes at the gym until almost 8. My youngest goes to bed at 8pm. My older boys have a 10 pm bedtime. Things don't wind down around my very small ranch until that time. My husband then wanders in and out of our room at all hrs. I could go to bed by nine, but there always seems to be something to door I'm just too pumped from the day.
    So you wake up early to work out and then stay up late to work out? of course I am pretty lazy when it comes to working out, but that sounds like a lot of working out to me. Maybe you can make a deal with the hubs to get everything he needs out of the room before you go to bed or do what I did...I got a cheap box fan and run it on high. That takes care of 2 issues for me-noisy hubby and night sweats! As we get older DH has trouble always feeling cold and I tend to always feel hot, so the fan is a great solution. I put it on my side of the bed but aimed toward my feet.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

My AM daily workout takes 15min and helps me wake up. I only add the gym 3x/week in the evening for weight training 5 different exercises 12 reps, 3 sets. My evening gym workout takes about 30 min, then I chat for the other 30min that I am there. I would not be where I am health and looks wise without it. So I am not willing to give that up.

We have a white noise machine, but inevitably I wake up when he gets into bed. Or the cats wake me scratching at the door to get in (or out). This week, I think that I discovered that I sleep best alone. I had to sleep in my son's twin for 2 days while my inlaws were in town. However, sleeping in separate beds will not fly in my house and it will convince him that he is right...That I am planning on leaving him. : (
    Last night, I was up until 10:30 trying to convince him that I have no intention of dumping him now that I have changed my life so much. It started when he asked about an xmas present for one of our sons. Apparently I made some kind of face that set him off. I was annoyed, but not at him and tired. Up to that point we had had a great night. We were watching back episodes of Homeland. I don't understand what happened. He is very touchy right now.

Wow, that was a long answer to a short comment. Sorry Chris.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I usually sleep better alone. I almost always wake up when Boyfriend comes to bed. Lately, the cat has been more restless at night so I have to get up to let her in, out, or give her a gentle kick to stop scratching at the door. She always follows me for bed, but only sits for a minute (the door has to be closed because Boyfriend has music and lights on in the room across the hall). When the stars are aligned (aka. my health is good and my supplement levels are right, esp. 5-HTP), I can sleep through Boyfriend coming to bed, at least. He likes to snuggle and I like to toss around even though I sleep in the same position every night.

I hope hubby figures out what's going on with himself soon and stops dumping his stress on you, for you and your family's sake.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

you should know me well enough by now to know I prefer long answers.

So, I do understand the work out schedule now.

Yep, sleeping alone is very nice. When we were on Sabbatical, we had 2 twin beds on the floor, next to each other but not quite touching. Best sleep we have ever had as a couple. we snuggled on the one I slept on, then when we were ready to sleep he rolled over onto his twin. That bedroom also had a VERY loud fan. We called it the turbo fan! Our spare bed is the 2 twins set on box springs, but so that it feels like a king I have a layer of the egg crate foam on it, a fairly thin layer of memory foam (2" at the most), and a featherbed topped cover sheet (all from Target) and it has the same effect. Everyone who sleeps in that bed oversleeps. I think having the 2 mattresses keeps the partner's movements contained. Worth considering.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Binged. I got on here last night and wrote a "F it all" post and then erased it. I am so addicted to carbs and sugar that I can't seem to make a clean week anymore. Like Robb Wolf says, it is like heroin to me. It is a damn shame too, because I did so well my first year. I can feel it all slipping away. I am tired of looking like a fool in my own journal and am about ready to leave MDA for a while.

Before anyone says W30 is too restrictive, remember that I have tried every combination of programs. 80/20, SPII, Leptin Reset, W30, Primal with Prozac etc and binged on every one. The only thing I have not tried in a long time is VLC. I keep getting talked out of it.

My plan is to re start tomorrow on W30 / VLC. Today I am still in binge mode. I don't feel like going to work either. It is going to be that kind of day.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Hey Pebbles...

Sorry you're having a rough go of it.... Understand totally. Being a newbie around here, but a little long in the tooth from other experiences in life, I get it that crap can make ya want to just say "F it all"... For what it's worth, my "sage" newbie advice is to hang in there and keep doing what you know works for you. You are only beaten when you quit trying. I don't mean for that to sound like a trite, but it is true.
    I remember seeing a t-shirt a few years ago that, while humorous to me, held a large granule of truth. It had a picture of a frog in the mouth of a stork and the frog had it's hands around the throat of the stork. The caption on the shirt said "NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!"

Don't quit.. keep plugging. From looking at your journal, you have a crap-load of friends in your corner rooting for your success.... You can only do this one day at a time. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised.... do today the best you can.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering when you edited so quickly.

But that just happens some times, Pebbles.

And you don't look like a fool! You look just like what you are: a brave and determined woman struggling with (and within) a very difficult situation. It IS like heroin. And that's some serious shit. Brava to you for having the guts to tackle it.

You are already in a much better spot than you were two years ago. And look, even down in the depths, you are looking towards tomorrow. So what if you're down today? Everyone gets, and probably even needs, days like that.

Do what you are going to do, eat what you are going to eat, and don't let the stress make it even worse for you. (Hopefully something nice though, maybe really good ice cream, and not just stale Little Debbie snacks from the vending machine! Do it up nice, because you deserve your binges to be luxurious.)

Okay, maybe this advice is weird. But I don't think you need to be told to be tough. You are tough. You can do it. You will. You just don't need to do it every day.

Leave MDA if you need a break, but know we are always thinking of you and cheering you on. I sure would miss you. You are the first one I look for when I get on every morning.

Big hugs.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    All is not lost with one day's set back. Do you know what set you off last night? I agree with the last poster's sentiment, "You are only beaten when you quit trying." No need to feel ashamed on our account, plenty of us are embarrassed by our own behavior too. Sometimes, it's not something you can control, and other times, you just working on it!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paula, so much I would like to convey but just do not have the words or the writing skill to pull it off. First to the issue of feeling like a fool in your journal. I feel like the reason for the journal is to have a place to vent and be totally honest. In fact I am pretty sure it is the only place where I can do that. If you can't be 100% honest here and help yourself learn from your mistakes, where are you going to do it?

I quit smoking nearly every day that I smoked, at least once in fact, for 15 years. Finally it worked. But quitting smoking is so much easier than this eating thing.

My advice on the binging is similar to Sabine, make sure that you are treating yourself well when in a binge. The last thing you need is to beat yourself up during or after it, mentally or physically. What if when your next binge starts to come on, you stop just long enough to find the very best version of whatever it is you are craving, and sit down and mindfully enjoy it. Actually pamper yourself. No self berating either. You are just human, and it is just food. Eat it and then get on with your life.
    Chris
    Unknown