Page 356 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456856 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 11049

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 356

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paula, I am finding that now that I am forcing myself to be in bed for at least 8 hours that my sleep patterns are starting to settle in and my quality and efficiency are in the 90% range consistently. It is a weird thought though because you would think that if you are consistently in bed for say 6 hours your body would figure it out and get better sleep. But, at least with me, I guess I am over tired when I do that and it hinders a good night sleep.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I would have to go to bed by 8:30pm in order to get 8 hrs in bed. That is not happening in my world right now. On weekends, my body usually wakes me at around 7 hrs.

I get up at 4:30 am. Do planks, push ups and 15 minutes of elliptical, Make my breakfast and lunches for me and my youngest, eat, dress and am out the door by 6:45. I tried getting up at 5, but was too stressed out by the lack of time.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow. I could not function like you do on so little sleep I actually go to bed at 8:30 or 9 so that I can get enough sleep and get up early. There's not much that gets in the way of me and my bed (now, if I could actually sleep, and sleep well, for the entire period...I'm scared to think of what an amazing machine I would be).
    -- Ruth

Paula, what keeps you from getting in bed at 8:30? Seriously, I would be surprised if sleep, well lack of, isn't the foundation of your issue.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am putting the food list into FitDay daily even though I may not always post it here. I am finding 3 simple meals to be fine for me. Breakfast is always the same. The protein and veg changes for lunch and dinner based on what is available.
    That is similar to what I'm doing, though using MFP. Simple meals are easier to plan (not to mention track).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I would have to go to bed by 8:30pm in order to get 8 hrs in bed. That is not happening in my world right now. On weekends, my body usually wakes me at around 7 hrs.

I get up at 4:30 am. Do planks, push ups and 15 minutes of elliptical, Make my breakfast and lunches for me and my youngest, eat, dress and am out the door by 6:45. I tried getting up at 5, but was too stressed out by the lack of time.
    I usually go to bed by 8 in order to get up at 4:30. Lately it's been later... last night I was in bed by 8:30 but didn't turn out the light until 9. I slept okay. Then I'm up before the digital alarm, due to the canine alarm that sleeps in my room. Feed him and the rest of the pack, make breakfast and lunch for me and my hubs, then out the door by... 5 minutes ago. I really should get up a little earlier.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    My goal is to start down time at 7:30p and be in bed by 8pm. My daughter needs to be in bed by 8pm or she does not get enough sleep. I am up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:30am.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am up at 5:30, try to get into bed by 9, almost always make it by 9:30. On weekends, I allow myself to stay up later if I get to sleep in, but am working really hard to ensure that I am in bed for 8 hours. I have been averaging about 7.5 hours of actual sleep, and feeling much better for the most part.
    Chris
    Unknown

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    The big thing for me was learning to listen to my body. I start falling asleep between 8 and 8:30 naturally. If I try staying up later I sleep lousy and wake up even earlier than my normal 4:45 (without alarm).
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I have never been a good sleeper, for reasons that I cannot fathom, do not like going to bed, actually have to make myself do it no matter how tired I am, goofy I know!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, I agree that more sleep would certainly help. I am sometimes at the gym until almost 8. My youngest goes to bed at 8pm. My older boys have a 10 pm bedtime. Things don't wind down around my very small ranch until that time. My husband then wanders in and out of our room at all hrs. I could go to bed by nine, but there always seems to be something to door I'm just too pumped from the day.