Page 35 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745851355351035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 35

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Tom Naughton has a t-shirt on his website Fat Head - Blog site for the comedy-documentary Fat Head that says "Wheat is Murder" "go Paleo" cute.
    Hmmmm, may have to order that in a couple of months when money isn't so tight.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    God, I hear you on the tight money...I finally get paid Friday for the first time since the end of June and it's already all earmarked to pay bills. And there won't be enough to pay them all.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    ugh i hate that feeling! just a few more days until payday here. i have to remind myself to make do with what's in the fridge rather than running out to the store when we don't have staples.

Stumpy got paid today and I get paid tomorrow. It is nice that he gets paid every Thursday, it definitely helps. We're supposed to get a nice chunk of money in about two months from Stumpy's mom. She's getting a very nice inheritance from her dad's passing and the money will be out of probabte sometime in October. His grandfather had 8 or 9 grandkids and Stumpy was one of the 4 favorites. The other 3 favorites, their grandfather had some small life insurance policies that have already been paid out to them. His grandfather didn't set anything aside for Stumpy as he knew Stumpy was doing fairly decently on his own. His mom feels that Stumpy and I should have something so she is setting aside X amount for us. We're using that money towards bills, the house, the Jeep we're working and setting some aside for a couple vacations next year.
    Georgette

Tomorrow I will start following the 5 rules of the Mastering Leptin Plan. I will be dropping all artificial sweeteners cold turkey. How will I get that much protein in at 530 am?

I may have to go shopping before I drop my protein powder.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! here is the thread for the leptin reset that I have been following...http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d33278-28.html if you are interested.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Paula, I'm not going to lie but at the beginning it is kind of like choking down a ton of food early in the morning. It takes a few days but it gets easier to deal with. After you're reset your body will naturally want less at breakfast but I still keep the protein high. Typically 30-40 grams. One thing I like to do is to cook up a bunch of burgers and eat them for breakfast with an egg or two. Leftover meat always helps from the night before.
    Georgette

Yes, I was thinking that real dinner type meat would have more protein per ounce. I can barely get down 1-2 eggs right now. My breakfast has been 15-20 oz protein on avg. I need to go shopping today!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I made it through yesterday on 3 meals only, no snacks and a 65 gm protein breakfast with the whey protein shake that I am trying to phase out. Lost 1.5 lbs of water weight.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am fighting the urge to get on the scale until the 1st. After that probably weekly. I used to do daily and I can't promise that won't happen after the one on the first.

I am a morning shake kind of gal. I used to do fruit smoothies before I started low-carb. Now it is coffee. I really like that for my morning. I someitmes stop doing it for a period of time because I read something or am changing something, but I always go back to it.

I really think the protein has helped me tremendously. I have not snacked, except for a strange situation on Wednesday, since I started this about 2 weeks ago.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day