Page 340 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440840 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 11340

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 340

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    More pics from the Coach House website...

Coach House is a very small theatre.

Tessie and Bessie Tweedle

Hanging at the Redbud Mobile Estates. My students loved this one.

Tai Chi Scene. Everyone loves my Jaguar PJs and Bear Feet

The End
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paula! All caught up...

So sorry to hear about your hubby issues. I can understand them completely. There are more days than not recently that I also do not like my husband. I love him just fine, but there are days I just flat out don't like him and often have difficulty seeing his good qualities. Same with my son... I love him to death but sometimes he's just so difficult to get along with that I don't like him much and would rather just not deal with him.

I agree with everyone about not buying bread. I don't buy bread for our house. Someone else can buy it, but I won't. I will not contribute to their grain consumption. Since my kids are only 5 and 2, this works ok with them as they don't really know what they're missing. My husband, however, is old enough to make his own decisions and can eat whatever he wants. I provide paleo meals and that's it.

Brad and I recently went through a rough spell. We talked about it, and he said he would help out more around the house - I simply asked him to unload the dishwasher every day... he has done it one time. He asked to take over the finances, but I haven't given them up yet. I don't trust that he understands my vision enough to take it over and not screw it up. To illustrate, I have a spreadsheet drawn up that goes out til February 2015 designed to assign our money to certain bills each week. While it's spelled out in black and white what gets paid on what date and with what paycheck, I don't think he'd follow it very closely and we would not end up being debt free (with the exception of mortgage and student loans) when I plan for us to be (February 2015). I think that's one household chore I would not be able to give up...

Anyhow, I hope things get better between you and your husband.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I struggle with bread and sugar in the house. Boyfriend eats ramen for lunch. Sometimes twice a day. I have asked him if there is something he would prefer. Sometimes he admits, "we don't have the money" but I still offer to buy him something else. He declines, so there's nothing I can do about it except keep making amazing dinners for him. I could make the budget work if need be, and have told him so, but he opts for ramen. I think it is partially laziness. If I could get him reasonable frozen meal options (reasonable for price and ingredients), I would do that, because I think he just wants something convenient. He's not happy living off of eggs the way I am (everyday for breakfast!).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I googled Nourishing Traditions to find the website you were referring to and only found stuff referring to the book, and no site I thought was associated with the book. Can you share the site you go to, Paula?

Thank you!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    This should get you started, Paula can set another link if she has more info...The Weston A. Price Foundation - Weston A Price Foundation
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is the one. The woman who wrote Nourishing Traditions is affiliated with the WAP Foundation.

My copy was supposed to arrive tonight, but the weather interfered. I hope it does not arrive when my husband is home. He told me that I couldn't buy anymore "Diet Books". Last night he told me that I couldn't go to dress rehearsal because of the weather. Thank God I stood up to him and went anyway. It snowed exactly 1 inch and did not stick to the roads. I understand his concern, but I hate how he dictates to us.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love the pictures.

Good of you to realize you needed a break. Too often we only figure that out AFTERWARDS.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I love the pictures.
    Me too. Looks great P.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My DH won't dictate to me, but he will make suggestions as though it should be obvious to me that that is how things should be done. Then if I don't do it that way and something negative happens, he does this weird (read irritating) look on his face that is accompanied with a shoulder shrug and a palms up hand motion. Luckily it rarely happens that way!

I have everything I order shipped to work, I doubt that is workable for you, but its a thought!

p.s. a cookbook that gives recipes for your eating style/program is not another diet book, it is support materials!
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-09-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is offline Senior Member
    In my 15 years of marriage, I have learned that you can love and hate someone at the same time. I've also learned that even though the hate feels like a more powerful emotion, love outweighs hate. My husband disagree on things a lot and I have my moments of hating him just as I am sure that he has hated me at times as well. But I know that we like each other and I believe that is what keeps us going. Like you guys with the grains, I get like this with my husband and smoking. Yes, I would love for him to quit and he knows this, but I can't force him to do that. He has to want to get healthy. He has glimmers of hope, but the glimmers are mere moments(which are better than nothing). When he is ready to change, I know my husband will come to me and I will be here to support him no matter what.
    Georgette