Page 336 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 11125

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 336

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paula, the info poster is wonderful, wish I could come!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I agree... I wish I could go and see the show too!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Tech Week as they call it in the Biz. Long practices are going to make for long days. Trying to stay sane with the food. The last thing I want is to feel fat and ugly while onstage. lol I will post dress rehearsal pics this week.

Cool news, my eldest son has been chosen to direct the school drama club play. He is quietly thrilled. Yesterday he had his annual scary movie fest. This year he had 4 male friends from his HS and three female friends from my HS Fencing Club. He ended up on the couch with all the girls. I think his buddies were jealous.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Cute!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Congrats to your son on the directing gig.

You will do great I am sure on the production. Also, if its motivation to stay with the sane eating? so much the better!
    Karin

UGH, I am so tired, I can't see straight. I got to bed late - 1100pm and then my husband woke me at 100am saying that he needed to go to the hospital because he was in AFib and it was not being stopped by the meds. Technically, if his heart keeps racing, it could just stop. We got into the car and headed for the hospital. Halfway there he says oh, my meds just kicked in. We got back home and I got 3 more hours of restless sleep.

I talked to him about taking better care of himself. He is about 50-60 lbs overweight and is just coming out of a depression. He says that he does want to eat less bread, but I have heard that before.

I still have a teacher's meeting until 4pm and then Practice at 7. When I get home at 4:30, I will nap for an hour. zzzzzz

Be easy on him, Paula, and know how hard it is for you not to eat something. (I know you could very easily say the same thing to me, which is why I feel free to say it). Is there something that triggered his AFib? (and if it is bread I am gonna take back that first sentence!!!) Lack of sleep is the worst! Sorry you are having to have such a hard day.
    Chris
    Unknown

I hope you had a good nap and end up with a restful sleep tonight.
    Karin

I think his AFIB is a result of gluten allergy. There is also some connection with low magnesium levels.

I have never pushed him to take care of himself even though he has had this issue for at least 10 years whereas he has no qualms about being up my butt about health all the time. He tries to dictate my program by suggesting shit and then getting pissed when I don't take his sage advice.

In addition, I am tired of him blaming me for everything wrong with his life. I have even been accused at times of causing his AFIB. On the way back home that night when I asked him to take better care of himself, it back lashed on me and he reiterated how he has been depressed due to being unable to get a full time hospital nursing job. This of course is not due to the economy or his age when he became an RN, It is because he nobly took care of my mother and alienated people at the local hospital by pushing to get her the best care possible. The fact is he lost his temper, acted like an asshole and got blacklisted. In his mind however, the problem was that I was not pushy enough about her care. Had he told me what to ask for, I would have done it without the bad attitude. In addition, he brought up his time in nursing school and what he "went through". He feels that I was not supportive. What? I let him work 1 day/month while I supported the whole family and took care of my Mom and the house and the kids, Maybe the house wasn't all that clean and maybe I did not have energy for sex etc, but the way he treated me and still does, sucks. Why would I want to make love to someone like that.

Shit. another post I have to erase.

ADDENDUM: This is related to my current issues with my husband and I feel that I have to confess to someone. I have told you all before that I have been getting a lot of attention from other men in my life. Truth is, my enjoyment and participation in such attention directly correlates to how bad I am feeling about my relationship with my husband. I love him, but lately I don't like him at all.
    Really the attraction is about how they treat me compared with how I am being treated by my husband.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Shit, it is very hard to deal with someone who will not take responsibility for their decisions/actions. I just saw this quote yesterday on pinterest....."The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life"

My idea is to get crafty, take some time to make this (or a similar quote) into a poster somehow, or even a small framed card. He should at least ask what you are doing during the process if he does and manages to turn it into a conversation then you can use it for your classroom or if he misses the point actually hang it in your house.

My DH will take responsibility, but has never (seriously) said he was sorry for anything. Once to be a smart ass, but never sincerely.
    Chris
    Unknown