Page 329 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 11535

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 329

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I missed that you quit prozac. Were you having problems with it? I am still taking it and I swear to goodness its taking the edge off the current issues I have.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I went off Prozac about 10 days ago. I went on it in June to try and curb the binge problem. Yes, at 20 mg it made me feel better, but I was still bingeing. I tried 40 mg and it made me not care about anything. I felt like a zombie. I went back to 20 mg, but then I noticed that I was gaining weight. I went up 20 lbs from June to August. Even when I was able to string together 14 clean days, I never got back to my pre prozac weight.

Am I depressed? Are some of these overwhelming feelings Prozac withdrawal? I don't know. Things are tough right now in my life. I will know better in a few days. TOM is ending and I hope to get a few solid days on plan.

I have tried 5htp but I am not sure it helped. Maybe now that I have Prozac experience I will see the difference. I still have the Mood Cure book, which I will re read.

Thank you ladies for your concern.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-20-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Gratitude

I have three wonderful children who love me.

I have a partner who loves me and is a good man.

I have a solid job that I enjoy and I work with people who are my beloved friends.

I own a home and land in a beautiful place.

I have every "thing" a person could possibly need and more.

I have knowledge of a healthy path through MDA and lovely supportive friends to help me along the way.

I have enjoyed two wonderful, gifted years since the day I should have died of pulmonary emboli.

I believe in God and know that he loves me and is personally interested in my life.

**It just hit me after re reading this list. All the things that I feel are "wrong" are transitory and I can take action to fix them.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A fantastic list.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Excellent list. I was thinking of making a gratitude list last night, while I couldn't sleep. I'll probably do that today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My daughter, who is a ridiculously upbeat person, often says "that is such a first world problem" whenever someone complains about something. She picked this up after she went to Guatemala on a mission trip. It is basically a mantra for what you noticed about your gratitude list vs. your "what's wrong" list. Congrats on realizing you can take actions to correct the "wrong"

p.s. I used to write a Thankfulness for the day, every day, not sure why I got out of the habit, but it was helpful to keep things in perspective and helped start the day well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That's actually a really good idea, especially given how up and down things have been for me. I may do that later.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today my men and I spent several hours outside getting the yard ready for winter. We burned branches, collected scrap metal to sell and cleaned out the garden shed. Now we have access to our winter stuff. While we were outside sitting by the fire, I asked my husband if we could talk later when the kids were not around. I had made a list of things that I needed to say to him. We took a walk around our property and I told him all of my worries about finances, our relationship, his health and the fact that we are not functioning well as a team. I made a pact with him to communicate more, take care of my health and include him in financial stuff. He agreed to keep looking earnestly for a full time job, stop spending needlessly and take care of himself too. I was able to tell him that he sometimes hurts me and I am often angry at him and can't express it. He asked me to do more stuff with him and be more attentive to him. (Guilty as charged. I have been closing myself off from him emotionally because I was afraid I would explode with pent up anger.)

I also took a hard look at our finances and where I screwed things up.

So lots of proactive stuff went on today. I ate primal, added the protein shake and didn't really think about it otherwise.

Tomorrow, I plan to continue working on the basement and clean the house with the help of my teenagers

My Success Story (Stolen from Sabine)

***I was going to make a list of things I need to be working on, but instead I am going to talk about the what will be in the future.

I am at a healthy weight and have developed a normal relationship with food.

My family is Primal. We are happy, healthy and have the energy to do things together.

Our home is kept clean and organized. I entertain friends regularly.

Our finances are in order, we are not in debt and we have money saved for emergencies.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-21-2012 at 10:20 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I LOVE you last several posts, Paula. Very uplifting. I might have to double-steal that idea
    -- Ruth