Page 328 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 328

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Even imperfect communication is better than no communication. Although I admit my first urge would be to smack the hubs if he said it looked like I was gaining weight! Hang in there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Man, what a long week. I am not in good shape mentally, emotionally or physically so I am grateful for the weekend.

I have been very tired in the afternoons and that makes me bingey. I am going to add a protein shake back in the AM. I don't think that I am getting enough otherwise.

I am very tearful tonight, In fact I had quite a sobbing jag in my car on the way home from the gym...but I gave myself a pep talk and made a list of things I need to do to make things better.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget to make a column on that list about what is already good. There is plenty if you think about it. Focus on some positive chicka
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I agree that a gratitude list (perhaps daily or weekly?) would be good.

I am curious: you mentioned getting off the Prozac. I believe you are one of the folks around here who had read The Mood Cure and tried 5-HTP. Correct me if I'm wrong. Did you feel any different on 5-HTP? If you have read it before, I would suggest a re-read or a scan of the symptoms list for the different types of depression. If you haven't, I suggest it!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I missed that you quit prozac. Were you having problems with it? I am still taking it and I swear to goodness its taking the edge off the current issues I have.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yes, I went off Prozac about 10 days ago. I went on it in June to try and curb the binge problem. Yes, at 20 mg it made me feel better, but I was still bingeing. I tried 40 mg and it made me not care about anything. I felt like a zombie. I went back to 20 mg, but then I noticed that I was gaining weight. I went up 20 lbs from June to August. Even when I was able to string together 14 clean days, I never got back to my pre prozac weight.

Am I depressed? Are some of these overwhelming feelings Prozac withdrawal? I don't know. Things are tough right now in my life. I will know better in a few days. TOM is ending and I hope to get a few solid days on plan.

I have tried 5htp but I am not sure it helped. Maybe now that I have Prozac experience I will see the difference. I still have the Mood Cure book, which I will re read.

Thank you ladies for your concern.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-20-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Gratitude

I have three wonderful children who love me.

I have a partner who loves me and is a good man.

I have a solid job that I enjoy and I work with people who are my beloved friends.

I own a home and land in a beautiful place.

I have every "thing" a person could possibly need and more.

I have knowledge of a healthy path through MDA and lovely supportive friends to help me along the way.

I have enjoyed two wonderful, gifted years since the day I should have died of pulmonary emboli.

I believe in God and know that he loves me and is personally interested in my life.

**It just hit me after re reading this list. All the things that I feel are "wrong" are transitory and I can take action to fix them.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A fantastic list.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Excellent list. I was thinking of making a gratitude list last night, while I couldn't sleep. I'll probably do that today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My daughter, who is a ridiculously upbeat person, often says "that is such a first world problem" whenever someone complains about something. She picked this up after she went to Guatemala on a mission trip. It is basically a mantra for what you noticed about your gratitude list vs. your "what's wrong" list. Congrats on realizing you can take actions to correct the "wrong"

p.s. I used to write a Thankfulness for the day, every day, not sure why I got out of the habit, but it was helpful to keep things in perspective and helped start the day well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.