Page 325 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425825 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 325

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I wish had some words of wisdom to offer here. I too have been struggling with the lingering grief and other things this month. Take care of yourself!
    -- Ruth

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm feeling for you, Pebbles. Sometimes it seems that trying to eat right is just another stressor, doesn't it? But things change, hang in there. Good for you for keeping at it it, but if you don't, well, Scarlett was right. Tomorrow IS another day. And so is next Wednesday. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the support.

I would love to just keep eating, but A) I am killing myself and B) None of my clothes fit C)I am less able to deal with the swirl of crap going on around me.

My husband is upset. He has applied for six jobs in the last two months and has not gotten even an interview. We believe that they are looking at his birth date, and not even considering him. He will be 53 in November.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-09-2014 at 12:39 PM.

That's the same age as my Honey. They are entering the prime of their working life, yet some people already think they are getting too old. Plus, they have a lot of experience, which you would think would be a GOOD thing, but it gets turned into being 'over-qualified' or 'too expensive' to hire. It is always something, isn't it.

And not even getting interviews is rough. You feel like you are being rejected without even getting a chance to show your stuff. I feel for him. And you. Being the supportive spouse is HARD!

I had to go buy some new underwear because all my old panties are too tight with the Kummerspeck I have packed on during our current bout of unemployment. It was making me feel like I was stuffed into a too small sausage casing.

I've been shopping at the Salvation Army for bigger clothes. I'm not willing to pay full price for my misbehavior. I don't buy underwear there, of course.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It seems that if you aren't in your 30s or early 40s, your resume is automatically tossed. Hoping and sending happy wishes for your husband.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, I had a clean day until about 11:30 last night. I actually went to bed at 10, but at some point there was drama and I woke up to my husband and middle son yelling. Basically, my husband woke up and found the front door open. My 14 yr old had let the dog out but had not closed the door all the way. The dog let himself back in and one of the cats ran out. We live in the woods where fat house cats make yummy meals. My husband meanly told my son that if the cat died, it was his fault. He went back to bed. I got up to make sure my son was OK. He caught the cat, but was upset that his Dad was mad at him. I comforted him and got him to go to bed. I stayed up and binged for an hour, then fell asleep on the couch. I am already eating badly today.

I don't want to give you guys the wrong impression of my husband.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-09-2014 at 12:46 PM.

No, it is good to get it out.

Don't worry that we will think the worst of your husband. Everyone is a jerk sometimes. But they're also good guys most of the time. That's why it has to be for 'better or worse': there's always SOME worse.

That said: grrr. FU indeed! You are a paragon for NOT saying it.

Also... isn't it aggravating that he can blame you for not being supportive, etc, but if you told him that your binge eating was because of him, he would probably think you were crazy, and tell you you need to be responsible for yourself..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Sabine.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-09-2014 at 12:47 PM.