Page 323 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423823 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 11096

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 323

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Made it through the longest day of my school year. I had some great fun with the parents last night.

I have 10 days clean and am feeling strong. I have resisted the scale so far.

In more serious news, This morning I am taking 1/2 a personal day to go to a teen counselor with my husband. Our eldest son has been saying things like he "wishes he were dead". Rather than hoping he is just talking crap, we are getting him some help. We meet with the counselor this morning, then Billy sees him this afternoon. You can imagine how scary this is for us. Prayers appreciated.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, I am thinking of you and sending out prayers. Good that you are tackling this right away.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    From someone who was in your son's shoes, THANK YOU. Y'all are in my thoughts.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Paula, congrats on taking action instead of just hoping it will go away. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, hugs coming your way.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Agreed with NK, thank you for taking those steps for your son. He may be resistant now, but it will mean so much to him someday.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, everyone. Bill and I had breakfast together. Our meeting with the counselor went well. He asked us what Billy would say about us as parents. Interesting question. I outed my self for being too easy on him and his Dad admitted to being too hard on him. We made it through without being unfair in our assessment of each other as parents, which means that we did not argue afterwards. I think Billy will like the guy. He did not seem to feel negatively about talking to someone when we told him about the appt.

I am in school now for the second half of my day and all I can think of is taking a nap. I guess our little session really tired me out. I'll nap between work and play practice. Bill and Billy are picking me up from work after he sees the counselor.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Like NK and namelesswonder said, I also thank you on the behalf of the kids who said that whose parents didn't do anything. The times I have tried counseling in the past, I felt exhausted afterward so don't think that's unusual. Good luck to you guys with everything.
    Georgette

TGIF, It was a tough one. I have half a day with students today then half a day of training. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

I am excited about weigh in on Sunday morning. I am hoping to be in the 220's. 11 days clean and feeling great.

Billy seemed peaceful and thoughtful after his meeting. He has another appt. next Friday.

Last night when I arrived at practice my cast mates told me that they missed my voice the night before when I had Open School. Love this group.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-05-2012 at 03:13 AM.

3 day weekend. Woke up with a fierce headache today, but still heading to the gym for cardio kick. Weigh in tomorrow. I just started PMS week and am feeling bloated. Hopefully I'll see some change on the scale tomorrow, but I have to be mentally prepared to be disappointed. I am hoping for a 3.5lb loss.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    I'm praying. I have seen some counselling, too. It is exhausting. Hugs to all of you!