Page 322 of 1078 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 10780

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 322

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy Crap! I don't care what reason I give it there is no way I would lose 11 pounds in one week! The plan sounds excellent, good luck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, except I keep losing the same 11 lbs. I think that my body is just used to those lbs coming and going. This next week will hopefully show a marked change in the situation. 220's here I come. I kind of want to stay off the scale until next Sunday. Hope I can resist.

I would be more sympathetic if I didn't weigh exactly the same as I did the day I started Primal! I do mentally feel much better now that I am out of the habit of thinking the number on the scale actually tells me anything.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

My husband and I spent most of the weekend watching the first season of Homeland (all 12 episodes). Then we watched the season premiere at 10pm. We got nothing accomplished around the house, but it was cool to have a TV show that we were watching together. I forgot how much fun hanging with my husband could be. I am working on about 5 hrs of sleep.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, that's a series I've been wanting to watch (waiting for it to come to the library). We saw a preview at the movie theater for the second season, and even though it gave away part of the ending of the first season, it just made me more anxious to see it. Looks really well done. I guess you must have liked it if you stuck on for the whole season in one week () It sure is a different experience than watching it piecemeal, isn't it? There are some shows that I don't know if I COULD watch week by week, because those suspenseful endings get to me. And then a week of wondering!?! It is hard waiting a year for the dvds, but once I stop being reminded of it, I manage. And then I get this luscious immersion into the whole season.

Today's news...
    So far I have resisted the scale this week.
    I think that I am sleeping better and falling asleep faster.
    My energy and mood are good and stable throughout the day.
    At the gym, I decided to use only dumb bells and bar bells for LHT instead of machines which tend to isolate muscles.

For me, the farther away from the scale I get the easier it is to stay away from it.
    Congrats on the sleep, I know for me that is likely my most pressing issue regarding my health and weight.
    Chris
    Unknown

So, most of the teachers at my school refer to this week as "Hell Week". It seems that every year the powers that be cause several big events and deadlines to converge in one week. Open School Night, Faculty Meetings, State BEDS forms due, 5 week grade reports, just to name the biggies. Add to that Play practice and the Fencing Club organizational meeting and you have the recipe for chaos.

Except...It's not chaos, this time. I am eating clean, exercising and taking 1 day at a time. The week is going well and I am NOT stressed. Amazing. By this time tomorrow, I will be past the worst of it.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So, most of the teachers at my school refer to this week as "Hell Week". It seems that every year the powers that be cause several big events and deadlines to converge in one week. Open School Night, Faculty Meetings, State BEDS forms due, 5 week grade reports, just to name the biggies. Add to that Play practice and the Fencing Club organizational meeting and you have the recipe for chaos.

Except...It's not chaos, this time. I am eating clean, exercising and taking 1 day at a time. The week is going well and I am NOT stressed. Amazing. By this time tomorrow, I will be past the worst of it.
    It sounds like you are prepared for the ride this time. Being busy means that you must be organized and prepared. Good on you!

Good Morning "Hump Day". It is going to be a wild ride to bedtime tonight, but I am ready to face the challenge!

Play practice was awesome last night. We ran through Act I. Being prepared pays off. Act I ends with the character "Duane" singing a song called "Let Her Go" about the end of his marriage. As the actor sang, I quietly added the harmonies from the audience. It was beautiful. Then I suggested jokingly that my character should take "Duane" by the hand and lead him off the stage, indicating that he won't be alone forever. The director actually liked the suggestion.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 10-04-2012 at 03:04 AM.