Page 320 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 10023

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 320

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The afternoon smoothie, when I'm home and can get it in, is amazing. When I don't have it, I'm much more likely to eat junk or be searching for junk at night!

Yay for a good night's sleep. That still something that I haven't firmly nailed down. The Vit D supp helped a lot, but something is still not right...
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, Today I am restarting. I made a protein drink and had half for breakfast with my usual bacon, eggs and veggies. I will drink the rest after school. I will eat LC all day until dinner. Then I will add 1/2 a sweet potato to help with sleep and cravings.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Good luck! I am on a reboot as well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

So far the protein drink split between breakfast and late afternoon snack is working out great. I ate three meals and two snacks yesterday. During the day I ate low carb. My last meal of the day included about 30g of carb in a combo of squash and sweet potato. I also drank one cup of bouillon with lunch to avoid electrolyte imbalance.

I worked out at the gym last night and felt super strong.

TMI I peed like crazy yesterday.

I will be weighing on Sunday mornings, so I should have a good idea by next Sunday if these tweaks are working. I am trying to find the right combo that allows me to stay sane with the food and still lose weight. The key for me is longevity. If I can stay clean for an entire month then will have hit the jackpot.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Given the likely need to heal your metabolism, I would suggest that you go for a month before you start tweaking. This plan sounds as if it is feeding your body well nutritionally, good luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Yeah, I'm out of new ideas anyway, so I'll do this for the rest of Sept and Oct., then do a re eval around the end of next month.

Day 2 of the experiment went well. I felt a little emotionally bingey last night, but I resisted. I was tired and had a weather headache.

Last night I had play practice for the first time in two weeks, we had a blast.

My poor husband hit a dog on the NYS thruway on his way to work yesterday. He was going 70 MPH and had an 18 wheeler behind him. There was nothing he could do. Our car is not looking too pretty either, but it is mostly the emotional impact of killing somebody's pet that is hard.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, no! How sad. Poor dog, poor husband. A horrible thing to happen. Hugs for him. I hope he can get it out of his head.

Grief Bacon

Monday 9/24/2012 was my 2 year Primal'versary. It passed without my notice because I had nothing to celebrate. I had intended to hit goal by this point or at least get to 199. In some ways I am sorry that I didn't acknowledge the day. Yes, last year on 9/24 I hit 211 pounds and was celebrating and this year I was 241 lbs, but the benefits of this lifestyle are still with me even though I have gained 30 lbs. I imagine that I will always be fighting this battle with food as I have been for over 40 years. There will be no end of the battle for me, but at least I have not given up.

I know you are all dying to know the significance of my essay title...I was in the Doctor's office today reading Reader's Digest and learned a new word. Kummerspeck. It is a German word that refers to Excess weight gained from emotional overeating. It translates as "grief bacon" Two other anniversaries are coming up soon. October 10th will mark one year since my Mother's death. October 15th is the two year anniversary of my own near death from pulmonary emboli. Obviously much of my own kummerspeck is related to losing Mom, but my personal experience with death has also caused huge changes in my life. Sometimes even positive change can cause a person to seek shelter in well known comforts. (I just wish I had turned to bacon instead of grief sugar and carbs.)

I feel as if I am coming out on the other side of something. I have a plan a hope and a desire to make progress. There have been some subtle changes in the last month which tell me that I may be able to regain some control. The true goal, of course, is to stay alive and to live life to the fullest. Cheers to that.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Grief bacon makes me smile a little. I hope you see the humor in it. All the best to you, Paula. I feel like I've seen some great improvement from what I've read of your journey over my past year and some months here. Cheers!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).