Page 32 of 997 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 32

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, tomorrow I get to do laundry, Clean the bathrooms and refrigerators, and psyche everyone up for school...But at least I get to do it in the light. We told the kids they can stay up as late as they want tonight. I, for one, plan to go to bed before midnight.

Four days off Primal eating has left me 12 pounds heavier. Today will be detox day. I'm glad to be able to cook real food again. I think I need a plan for future power outages. The fact is though I chose to eat badly. Being without power, no generator and no ability to cook except for the charcoal grill made things difficult. It was just easier to eat whatever. It is also PMS week.

I have not had a clean eating month since February. It is amazing I have made the progress that I have. I would love to be more stable in my eating, but I'm not going to lament my weakness yet again. I've done that too many times already-just read my journal. Every month the same thing. I know that my problem is hormonal. I am definitely Peri-menopausal. I just have not figured out what to do about it.

I still want to try for my 75 lb goal by 9/24.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    you can't change the past, only learn from it. Like you said no point in the lament. I have decided to do a version of a Leptin Reset starting today until my birthday (11-11). I found an article which simplifies it and makes it doable for me. Not losing any weight with Primal, yet. Working to have one clean day at a time.

I must be perimenopausal, but I don't really feel the effects of the hormonal shifts. Lucky so far. I know they can be a bear.

Well, for what it is worth, I am here for ya.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

gaoife is offline Junior Member
    Hi Pebbles

Just read you journal from the start and had to say well done!!!
    You have achieved so much and should be very proud of yourself

Hi gaoife,

Thanks. I really am proud of myself. The Primal lifestyle has been very good to me. I hope you have great success as well.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Glad that the power came back and right in time for school to start!

Crazy...It's the third day of school with students and all the local districts are closed. The remnant of Tropical storm Lee is too much for already saturated ground. Flash Flood warning. My Mom has chemo today. I wonder if we will be able to get her there. Maybe it is time for her to take a week off.

On another note, I've been back to school for about a week and I have been getting a lot of extreme reactions about my looks. Several of my male colleagues have been, not so subtly, checking me out. I said Hello to one guy I have known for 10 years; he got this shocked look on his face, looked me up and down, then blushed and turned away quickly. I almost LOL'd. I didn't think there had been that big of a change over the summer; I lost 5 lbs and put on some muscle. Yesterday, I saw some of my students from last year for the first time. They spent the first minute of class raving about how much weight I had lost and how skinny I looked. I had to explain to my new students that I had lost 60 lbs last school year and these kids had seen it first hand.
    My husband says it is not just the weight and the toning, but it is the confidence that I am projecting. I know that my theater experience this summer really changed the way I see myself, but I didn't know that others could see it. Cool!

So, I am using this weekend to get clean again in preparation for the Primal Blueprint challenge. I'm going to go for a whole 30 type thing. I am also eating the big protein breakfast and not eating after dinner a la Leptin Reset. The only thing I am not doing is stopping my exercise program. My goal is one clean Primal month.

On the confidence, my mom lost a bunch of weight when she was still working, spent the summer working on her tone, and shortly after the school year restarted she got a huge promotion. She was a high school bookkeeper and ended up being the person who taught all the district bookkeepers how to switch their systems over to the new computer system! I am certain it was about her new found confidence.

I know you can do the one clean month. Are you doing the challenge that starts on the 12th?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Yes. It will be fun to do it with everyone else. My husband may do it too. I promised him that he could stop after the challenge. Honestly, I think once he sees the results, he won't want to go back.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-08-2011 at 08:03 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    I so wish I could convince dh to do it. Not a chance, at least not right now. I think DS is going to do an 18 months long school project on doing the 5 essential movements. He is in IB and the activities component requires he start something new, have a goal, and journal and photograph it, as well as relate it somehow to the 'global' community.
    Chris
    Unknown