Page 319 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 11841

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 319

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I just want to get back down to my Primal low weight. So Frustrated that I am stuck in the 230's. Worse, what has worked in the past is not working now.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Worse, what has worked in the past is not working now.
    I know that feeling. It sucks. Hang in there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So I started having those crazy "What do I do?" thoughts about my food plan. I've decided to step back, take a breath and go back to general well rounded eating. My program will look more like the Schwarzbein plan phase 1. Protein, nonstarchy veg and 15-50g carb at every meal. 3 meals and up to 3 snacks. I think that I will add in an afternoon protein shake because I am just getting too little protein and it may also help with binge issues in the evening.

I am also going to dial back the weighing to 1x/week. I am driving myself crazy with the numbers.

I think the LC and whole 30 stuff has to stop while I work on the food obsession part

Oh and last night I slept through without tossing and turning to the point where I woke myself up. The only change I made was eating a sweet potato with dinner.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you slept well last night. It's quite amazing what a good night's rest will do for us.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Now that is worth a shot, a sweet potato with dinner would be an easy fix for sleep issues for me!

My afternoon smoothie the other day was a pumpkin latte (decaf coffee, real pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sweeteners of choice, protein sources-egg white, cottage cheese, and/or whey) yummy, filling, and it stayed with me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The afternoon smoothie, when I'm home and can get it in, is amazing. When I don't have it, I'm much more likely to eat junk or be searching for junk at night!

Yay for a good night's sleep. That still something that I haven't firmly nailed down. The Vit D supp helped a lot, but something is still not right...
    -- Ruth

Okay, Today I am restarting. I made a protein drink and had half for breakfast with my usual bacon, eggs and veggies. I will drink the rest after school. I will eat LC all day until dinner. Then I will add 1/2 a sweet potato to help with sleep and cravings.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Good luck! I am on a reboot as well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So far the protein drink split between breakfast and late afternoon snack is working out great. I ate three meals and two snacks yesterday. During the day I ate low carb. My last meal of the day included about 30g of carb in a combo of squash and sweet potato. I also drank one cup of bouillon with lunch to avoid electrolyte imbalance.

I worked out at the gym last night and felt super strong.

TMI I peed like crazy yesterday.

I will be weighing on Sunday mornings, so I should have a good idea by next Sunday if these tweaks are working. I am trying to find the right combo that allows me to stay sane with the food and still lose weight. The key for me is longevity. If I can stay clean for an entire month then will have hit the jackpot.