Page 317 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417817 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 317

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Clean day today.

Tonight was the first run through for Lust N' Rust. We laughed ourselves silly. This is going to be great fun.

Let me back up a minute. When I last left off this story, they were stiil looking for an african american actress to play Latisha. Well they found one. She is beautiful, boisterous and has a British accent. LOL I'm so glad they found someone to really play the role the right way.
    I was pretty confident that I would be one of the background singers and dancers, so I downloaded the MP3 on Saturday and set myself the task of learning the female harmonies to the songs.

Tonight when the "new" Latisha arrived, I knew the director was looking for my reaction. I acted happy, because I was and he seemed relieved. He then told us the whole saga of finding his Latisha and how he was so glad that when he got the script, there was a mention of background singers being needed for 7 of the shows songs. He decided to create a family of singers called the Tweedles Bessie, Tessie, Jesse and ? Anyway, I am to be one of the sisters. We will be sitting on a bench at the back of the stage, smoking, singing, watching and even joining in sometimes. (Tai Chi & Line Dancing)
    Then we started the read through. Every time we came to a song, he would put it on the CD player. I naturally jumped in on the harmonies. The director and cast were super impressed. Afterwards, the director thanked me for my selflessness and hard work at learning the harmonies. I am content.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It sure sounds like fun! I am also sure that your attitude will help you along the way (what goes around comes around on many levels) and I am sure the director and cast will remember your hard work and how easy you are to work with!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    And a fun time was had by all. I'm going to have to look up this show, so I can imagine you in action.

10 days clean. I got a little mouthy with some nut butter last night, but avoided the binge. I am almost back in the 220's.

It turns out that my "sister" in L N R is a Spanish and French interpreter and translator. We spent our off time writing notes back and forth in Spanish and planning a shopping trip.

I hate that "I've lost weight" feeling, only to get on the scale and weigh the same as yesterday.

Going shopping this afternoon with Cecilia, my sister in the show. We need animal print clothing, flashy pillows and anything else we find.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I meant to write the other day - you have such a WONDERFUL attitude. I'm not sure I could be that gracious. It's impressive. Don't know when the good stuff is going to rebound back, but it's sure to!!!
    -- Ruth

Hi Ruth!

Another day of no weight loss. The hardest part is that it is PMS week so the physical cravings are strong. Lack of wt. loss makes me want to binge.

Cecilia and I had a fun shopping trip. We came up with some ideas for our outfits and actually found animal print "coozies" for our beer bottles. Believe it or not, they have our characters initials embroidered on them. lol
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    get off the scale till PMS is over or until you can predict that the number won't make you want to hit the pantry. You know that there are at least a few pounds that are totally unrelated to food and fat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

TTom arrived yesterday, 2 days early. I am glad because I was hitting a crisis point with the hormones. I may actually make it through a cycle without a binge. 1st time in 1.5 years. The cravings should get less and less in the next few days. I am allowing myself to eat whatever Primal foods I want right now. I will tighten up again next week.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Binge. Grrr. Well, if I can hold it to one day, it will still be the best month I've had in a year.

Went to church for the first time since Easter. It still feels empty without Mom. I can't believe that it has been almost a year.

Today, my eldest son and I will be laying the tile floor in her old bedroom. My goal is to have a functional space for the boys by the anniversary of her death on Oct. 10th.