Page 311 of 998 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411811 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 9972

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 311

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We are off to the Boston, MA area for the weekend. My BIL is turning 50. We will see most of my husband's family, so it should be fun.

I decided last night that I will be auditioning for a new show next Thursday. It is called "Lust N' Rust" the trailer park musical. I'm not sure about my chances because there are only 3 female roles that I could play. BUT It will get me more audition experience and a male friend of mine from WW will also tryout.

I am starting a true W30 tomorrow. I will follow the food list and will not weigh until October.
    PS Binged last night. When I am tired and frustrated/angry, it is a lethal combo.

Have a great weekend everyone!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    should you wait to start the Whole 30 till you get back from Boston? Just seems like you could work to stay primal while gone, but being so restrictive while going away to a party might be asking a bit much of yourself.

The play sounds fun.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

I am really going to attempt W30 starting today. I will have to avoid alcohol and cake, but I really feel the need to get started. I am making NO exceptions this time. I already weighed and measured yesterday morning. For breakfast I am having coffee with CM and eggs.

When I measured yesterday, the gravity of my situation really came home to me. Since my mother passed away in October, I have gained 30 lbs and 5 inches on my waist and hips. Scary and sad, but not impossible to turn around. I am going to make sure to eat ample fat and keep my carbs at 50 or below on top of the W30 strictures.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am really going to attempt W30 starting today. I will have to avoid alcohol and cake, but I really feel the need to get started. I am making NO exceptions this time. I already weighed and measured yesterday morning. For breakfast I am having coffee with CM and eggs.

When I measured yesterday, the gravity of my situation really came home to me. Since my mother passed away in October, I have gained 30 lbs and 5 inches on my waist and hips. Scary and sad, but not impossible to turn around. I am going to make sure to eat ample fat and keep my carbs at 50 or below on top of the W30 strictures.
    I read this and had the song eye of the tiger going through my head... BE the NIKE slogan!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes being scared is what it takes to get you going.
    Good luck, Pebbles. You know we're all here with you.

Thanks Karin that is some awesome encouragement. Oh. you'll appreciate this. I received an email at 4 pm yesterday from the VP in charge of scheduling. When I saw the subject line "last minute schedule change", nearly had a heart attack. Apparently, there was a major snafu and they had to make a last minute change to my teaching schedule. The kids arrive on Tuesday, EEEK. Thank goodness it is only a period change, but the class is the same level that I was already teaching.

Thanks Sabine!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks Karin that is some awesome encouragement. Oh. you'll appreciate this. I received an email at 4 pm yesterday from the VP in charge of scheduling. When I saw the subject line "last minute schedule change", nearly had a heart attack. Apparently, there was a major snafu and they had to make a last minute change to my teaching schedule. The kids arrive on Tuesday, EEEK. Thank goodness it is only a period change, but the class is the same level that I was already teaching.
    Lord love a duck.. since day 1 which is almost 3 weeks now.. we have daily schedule changes so I understand completely. Now if I could get a class roster to stay the same for a whole week I could be more organized. Hang in there. At least the change was not drastic. Tuesday and fresh faces!! You will be ready I know!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I can appreciate the sentiment that comes with needing to do something right now. I know you can do this.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Have had a pure W30 day so far which is not easy because am a guest in someone else's home. Dinner tonight is pizza, but i will be having a salad and maybe some meat that I scrounge up. Oh yeah, I put emergency cans of tuna in my suitcase.

Today 12 members of the three families hiked 1.5 miles on a steep rocky trail in the Great Blue Hills outside of Boston. I definitely got my exercise today. My 8 year old son was a trooper.

I also started my Binge Group Journal, so we will see how that goes.