Page 310 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410810 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 10880

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 310

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hope your birthday is awesome and you take full advantage of the remote!

A binge thread sounds great. I would love to read what other people are trying to curb those impulses.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kim. Thanks for letting me know that you are around.

Today I watched several chick flicks and got a couple of good crying jags in. I ended up lazing around in my bed watching the movies instead of commandeering the LR TV as planned. I was catered to all day. Dinner was steak, shrimp, asparagus and sangria. Chocolate ice cream cake and expresso. I am done eating for the day and while not entirely primal, no binges have occured.

I got two lovely home made cards and a sculpture garden that is almost finished. Pics to follow.

I am now watching SGT. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with my guys.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-26-2012 at 04:46 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That is an awesome birthday dinner!! Happy belated B-day!!!!!
    Georgette

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birthday, Pebbles!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I am at school today. Our first official day isn't until tomorrow, but we have to work one extra prep day this week. I intended to come in on Thursday, but my little guy has open house at his school and I want to take him to meet his teachers.

I hate coming in to see the state of things. As usual, they had unplugged everything from the computer, so it took me 1//2 an hour to replug everything. I'm not even sure it is correct. We have ELMOS and several other peripherals hooked in to the computer. They also lost my desk chair but I hunted it down in a friends room.

Our new superintendant is letting us know who is boss. He is bringing the kids in Tuesday instead of Wednesday next week and has cancelled the district wide "Welcome Back" meeting during which the award winning KHS marching band would play their field show for us. It was the highlight of each new school year.

I did not sleep well last night and am cranky. The good news is that I have in 2 no binge days and am back into the 230's.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I feel like our personal journal is that personal. I think it should be a place where you can put the things that you need to get out of your system in a place where (hopefully) supportive people will come in and cheer you on or hold your hand or whatever else needs done. So being able to write about your journey regarding binges on here only makes sense. However I can also see where a thread dedicated to that could be very helpful to others who have the same issues.

Sorry about your super, I know that administrators think in their own heads they are doing the right thing, but at least in my experience, it rarely feels that way to those of us who feel the brunt of their decisions.

p.s. happy belated birthday, sounds as though it was a lovely day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Hey, I saw this and thought you might be interested...Craving?…This means you’re missing this.. | Random Act of Kindness
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris, that is a neat link. I'll have to take a closer look when I am not exhausted.

I've had two full days of both physical and mental hard work at school. My room is nearly decorated and I have implemented some really neat new ideas that I will talk about tomorrow. I also have a very funny shopping story that I want to share.

Right now, I am heading to bed because I feel a binge coming on and I am really just lacking sleep.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Proud of myself today. For the first time in months, I did not give in to a binge. I was planning it in my head for hours last night even while I was at the gym. BUT when I got home, I hung with my family for about an hour and then went to bed.

School has been great the last two days. I have worked hard and my room looks awesome. This year I am implementing something called the "English Box". English can only be spoken in a small boxed off area of my room and only when absolutely necessary. To help my students with this I decided to create desk pockets to hold a dictionary and a few other things. This leads to my funny shopping story...

Online, I found an idea that uses canvas work aprons for that purpose. Home Depot has them for 77 cents each. So yesterday at 7 am I was there buying 30 of them. Well, I found out that the Home Depot in the early AM is a fabulous place to pick up men. (Ya Know, for future reference just in case. :P). One particular good looking guy was shopping with his buddy. He looked at me and said "You're up early. Are you a contractor?" I said "No, A teacher". Then his buddy commented that we must be starting soon. Every time I ran into them after that, The first guy would attempt to keep the conversation going. It was fun and made me feel very pretty. Silly, I know.

Have a great day everyone.

A few years ago, my sis and I were shopping at the Home Depot in her town, and the place was swarming with guys, shopping and working, our approximate age and pretty darn good looking. She was single at the time and I told her she needed to get a part time job there! And yes, just in case, that is what I will do.

so happy you managed to walk away from a binge. Need of sleep is a huge trigger for me, luckily doing all these veggies seems to be over riding my sleep issues for the most part. Looks like we may finally be figuring out our own personal recipes. Congrats.
    Chris
    Unknown