Page 308 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 308

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can understand your concerns, Paula. do you weigh more now than you did when school ended for the summer? Maybe you're the only one who will notice??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    People will notice your attitude more than your weight. If you project a self consciousness they will notice that, if you project self confidence they will notice that. Just think about how good you felt about yourself when you were at this same weight last year on your way down (which you are now as well-on your way down I mean).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, I have gained 10-15lbs.

My period has finally started, so maybe I can stop bingeing and with a clean week, minimize the changes.

Chris, You are right about the attitude. I was only about 7-10lbs lighter in that pic my husband took in FL. I will keep that in mind when I go back to school.

Today was a clean Primal day.

I looked back at my weights for the last 2 months of school. I ranged from 224-232 (on the last day of classes). Today I weighed
    236.4. I'm hoping to get back below 230 in a week.

I am eating Primal, but not W30 for now. I may try a combo of W30 when I am not PMSing and regular Primal when I am. My body seems to like dairy in the form of a little cheese (<2oz) and cream in my coffee.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am actually doing a bit more dairy, I do about a cup of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt a day as well as the cream in my coffee. To me coffee is no fun without the cream, and mornings are no fun without coffee. I can live without the caffeine (but why should I), I just really love the taste and ritual.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    My results are kind of inconclusive when it comes to dairy. A lot I know is bad.. I feel that. However, it seems like you Paula, a little does me just fine. I guess I avoid dairies I can find a sub for like coconut milk etc.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I had a hunk of cheese the other night... Got a zit on my eyebrow and cheek the next day... I bloat when I eat yogurt. Not sure about other forms as I haven't tried them recently/paid enough attention to notice any effect.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I've been doing some research on binging and have found out that I have a certain type called Night Eating Syndrome. Essentially, I eat well most of the day and then after dinner have an incredibly strong compulsion to eat massive amounts of carbohydrates. I end up eating thousands of calories in a 1-2 hour period.

Last night I was alone in the living room when the compulsion started around 9:30. I should have gone to bed, but I was irked with my husband so instead, I ate a bowl of ice cream,1/4 bag of doritos, 2 bags of fruit snacks, 2 pieces of bread with peanut butter and about 3 cups of cocoa puffs dry.

They say that people with this problem feel crazy and out of control. I also feel terribly ashamed because I know intelligently what I am doing to my body, but can't seem to stop. I also suffer from a lot of self loathing over it.

There are several factors involved including deprivation, nutrient imbalance, hormonal imbalance, a skewed relationship with food and stress to set it off.

One of the articles mentioned that people who suffer from NES are not sensitive to Leptin and may not make enough melatonin.

I made 2 changes today. I had a whey protein shake which boosted my breakfast past 50g of protein and I will add a small dose of melatonin before bed tonight. I will try to go to bed no later than 9pm. I need to start my school schedule anyway.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Are there any suggestions for afternoon behaviors/supplements to head it off?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm still looking. I have tried L-glutamine powder under the tongue, but I have not used it regularly. I will try that right now.

I also wanted to clarify that I am not yet experiencing the most extreme version of this which is sleep eating, Thank God. Though I have woken up ravenous in the middle of the night.

BTW Mark wrote a post on this on May 7th 2012. I guess I missed it the first time.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.