Page 305 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405805 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 305

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Did not weigh today. We went out to Olive Garden last night an I ate from the gluten fee menu, but it was still restaurant food.

Bill and I polished his resume, cover letter and application for the ER nurse position and sent it out last night. We were both pleased with how great it looked. Our friend who works in that ER was so excited she sent in her recommendation bright and early this morning. She thinks that he will get a call today. The deal is that this is a Level II Trauma center. Translated: This is the area ER where the critical patients are sent. They always need nurses because there is a high rate of burnout and the pay is not as good as at other hospitals in the area. On the other hand, it is a great place to get a year of ER experience before you move on to someplace else. The 11am-11pm shift hrs are also great for us because Bill still puts our youngest on the bus.

Everybody think positive thoughts.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hey chickie! Happy belated birthday.. hope the day was Merry and bright.. wait.. I know I know.. Nice to see your back on program. Sticking to your guns with dairy is tough to do. I have had a bit of cheese and sour cream (grr) I need to just decide I wont be swayed.. how do you do this again?

How long before school starts back for you? Are you ready??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Hey Karin,

Actually my birthday isn't until the 25th. I was talking about the home made gifts that I requested from my family.
    I always feel conflicted about my birthday because it means that the following week I will be returning to school. We have to report on the 29th. The students report on Tuesday September 4th.

I love my students and classes. It's just the administration and the government that pisses me off. lol

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck vibes to the hubby! It's be a desire of mine for a long time to be an ER nurse. I even made the decision to go back to school for nursing and got my pre-reqs out of the way, then learned that the nursing programs in our area are "full time" which means you can't hold a job (well, at least not a 1st shift job - and I had a good job being active duty National Guard), and Brad and I couldn't afford for me to leave my job... so I let that dream go to the back burner. It's still there, simmering, so maybe someday I can fulfill that desire. I can retire from here in 18 years, and by that point I'll only be in my early 50's. Never to late to learn a new skill, right?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Love your B-day gift ideas - that's the kinda stuff I usually ask for. Love the garden art and I often have the rule that only stuff that's already here can be used. One Mother's day my hubby and daughter made me a really nice bench for outside. I love it! The best gifts often involve family time spent together to make them

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    A prayer sent out for Bill. A new job would be wonderful.

Jenn My husband got his RN 4 months before his 50th birthday.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    for years our birthday gifts were a weekend away doing something of high interest to the birthday person (visit manatees, go see dolphins, sleep with the sharks, go to a President's house, we had great times!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Chris That is a great idea. I'm so tired of trying to think of something that my boys and husband don't have.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sometimes my perfect gift would be a hotel with room service... ahhhhhhhhhh
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.