Page 304 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 11556

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 304

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure what the traffic school options are around here. I'll do some research.

Wt. 239.4 (-6.6) Less bloated. Ankles getting better. (L11in -1, R 12in-2)

Yesterday was tough, but I survived.

Our first full day back home was restful. We unpacked. I went to the Dr. for a blood test and refilled my meds. Other than that not much was done.

Today we are working on my husband's resume. He wants to get out of the prison hospital and back into an ER where he can actually show compassion to those he takes care of. As a prison RN you have to be all business. If you show any friendliness, the read it as weakness and try to get things over on you.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your progress, good lucky to your hubby.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Wt. 236.3 (-2.8) Still losing the vacation water weight. The aches and pains are lessening.

I have to go to my chiro today. He is totally going to know I have been messing around. He can tell based on the amount of adjustment he has to do. He was the one who introduced me to Paleo 2 years ago. However, he'll be glad to know that I have dropped dairy and artificial sweeteners.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I LOVE, love, love that pic!
    -- Ruth

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was introduced by a chiropractor too! And then my DO backed it up, and then I learned my other chiropractor (yes, I have two) is Primal. It definitely gives you more influence when you can use the medical profession as backup when trying to convert family and friends... anyway, glad your weight is dropping and you're back on track/feeling better.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Well the Chiro didn't comment on the adjustment, but he used the jackhammer on me for a few minutes. I told him about the book "It Starts with Food". He was glad that I had "finally" decided to drop dairy and all sweeteners. I responded that this change is a journey and you have to be ready for the next step. He agreed and said that if anyone had told him this stuff in college 15 yrs ago, he probably would have strongly defended conventional wisdom.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, I love your new avatar picture. And what a wonderful back story to it. I would think every time you look at that picture, you'll be reminded of your husband's love, and feeling feminine and sexyl.

Thanks, Sabine.

Wt. 236.3 (same) I went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks. My body was saying WTF. Sore today, but I had a great workout.

I am in the process of going through all of our paperwork including stuff that was shoved in a corner of my room since my mother died and piles of stuff on the desk in the basement. Some of the stuff can be tossed now. I am about to embark on Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover", so it is time to put on my big girl panties and stop ignoring the poor state of our finances. Suffice it to say that I have treated money like I have treated my body.

Related to this, I gave my family some guidelines for my 45th birthday on 8/25. My husband encouraged me to buy myself several lovely gifts while in FL including my Tube Dude flower, a cedar bird house, clothing and jewelry. I do not need any more stuff.
    Here is what I want from my family for my birthday.
    From the boys I asked for them to make some yard sculptures out of the native bluestone that we have in abundance. I also asked for home made cards in which they have to tell me 2 things they love about me and one hope they have for me in the coming year. I asked my husband to cook me a steak dinner and to listen to the "Total Money Makeover" MP3 with me so that he understands the basis for our new budget plan. This is a big gift I am asking because Ramsey is a Bible based financial guru and my husband is not a Christian. There may be things on the recording that make him uncomfortable. The nice thing is that we can listen while working on other projects around our house together.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    those sound like wonderful gifts! My kids for Mother's day one year made a sort of sculpture the base was a box covered with modeling clay. On the base they wrote a phrase or word related to things we had done, things they love about me, private jokes, etc. It is a most treasured piece.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day