Page 302 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 10006

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 302

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Beautiful last day in FL. We ate at Cha Cha Coconuts on St Armands Circle, then went to Lido Beach for the sunset. There was a thunderstorm rumbling to the south of us. We could see the lightning strikes. As it moved off a rainbow appeared. My 2 younger sons and I found some submerged rocks which were a home to several schools of interesting tropical fish. We added to our shell collection too and stayed at the beach until the sun sank over the water. My husband and eldest son took some pictures that I will post next week.

Today we will pack, hit the pool and leave for home around noon.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like the perfect vacation! Thanks so much for posting your activities, it brings back so many fantastic memories for me!

P.S. did you make it to the museum? Do they still have a room with the 4 Ruebins? Is the statue of David still in the garden?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

We did not go to the Ringling this time, but all of those things were there when we visited in December. I finally toured the Ca D' Zan in December as well. My little man loved the circus exhibits.

This time we went to the Ringling College of Art and Design because we have 2 HS boys interested in art based careers.

Oh Man, I LOVE Sarasota!

OMG Waffle House!
    Yesterday was a rough traveling day including a 1 hr traffic jam and short tempers all around. Hit the road at 6:30am. We are anxious to get home.

My husband is a huge fan of Waffle House, the kids and I refuse. But we rarely travel together anymore so it is not an issue.

Hope today is a better travel day.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

We had a great traveling day and arrived home just after 5pm.

I left about an hour later to pick up our dog at the sitter. On the way I got my very first speeding ticket ever. Unfortunately, according to the officer I was going 15 miles over the speed limit (45 in a 30). He asked if I had ever gotten a speeding ticket before. I honestly said "no". He recommended that I plead "not guilty" and he will help me get it knocked down to a parking ticket at court. Nice of him.

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning. I will post my vacation wt. gain and start Whole 30 again.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Nice officer. The only speeding ticket I have ever gotten was when I was 8 months pregnant. And it was not me he clocked but the corvette that had passed me, he was less nice than your guy:~(

Good luck with your meeting with the scale.
    Chris
    Unknown

Truth telling time. I ate SAD for 9 days and gained 15lbs. I weighed in the first day at my in laws and was 233. On the last day I was 248.6. My current weight is 246 which is the highest I have been since my original weight loss. I hope much of it is wheat bloat.

Last night I looked down at my cankles and literally felt scared. Even my good ankle was 12 inches in diameter. The right one was 14 inches.

Starting Whole 30 today. Those are the facts.

One night while on vacation I dressed up and went out with my husband. That is the night I mentioned earlier where I could see the "appreciation" in his eyes. Here is the pic he took at the tapas bar where we ate.

Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-13-2012 at 05:42 AM.