Page 299 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 299

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    St. Armand Circle is one of my fav places in the world. We used to spend part of summer vaca at an old hotel (Coquina on the Beach) when we were kids. My dad's brothers and their families. My Aunt would take the kids to see a play at the Oslo every year (there were 5 of us), and to the art museum, and one walking trip to St. Armand's for breakfast.

We would literally go down to the water right after breakfast, dragging down our box of books, and read and watch my brother fish all day. My Aunt was fairer than a new born's butt so she would do night and morning things with us so that she would feel a part of the group.

So many fantastic memories there!

p.s. so nice to see the reaction in his eyes!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    OOoo it sounds like you are having a blast. Retirement is so far away for me as well. Even when retirement comes who knows what the economy will be like so I may keep working..LOL Oh how I would love some ocean time this summer!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

oh yeah, we can't retire till the kids are done with school. DD's current path will take a total of 14 years, she is finished with 1. DS's path should be about 6, unless he changes his mind, he doesn't get started till next year. Essentially we will be in our late 60's. But it helps get through the humdrum of life to dream!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow. What is DD planning to do? [And DS?] I'm nosey
    -- Ruth

DD wants to be a Forensic Pathologist-kind of like Abby on NCIS, although she has wanted to do this since before any of those shows were on tv. When on vacations she would watch a show on Discovery Science (we didn't have cable at home) called "Dr. G". The woman is the medical examiner in Orange County Florida. And DD loved the puzzle solving aspect, as well as helping the family close the chapter. She has been hooked every since. It will require she become a doctor and then enter the specialty. On a fun note, she volunteers at the Body Farm, she finds it fascinating.

DS wants to be an engineer. What kind of engineer? He changes his mind on that, the ones mentioned...aerospace, aeronautical, chemical...so far.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    On 60 minutes tonight there was a great report on the dangers of sugar. In short - Cause of many diseases, feeds cancer, can be addictive. Yay! Preach it CBS.

It is about time! Rats, DH is not convinced sugar is bad, and he usually watches 60 Minutes but missed it this week. Now we have to wait for the rerun for him to hear it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-06-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: add a thought
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We bought a tube dude! Visit the Tube Dude gallery in Sarasota, FL | Tube-Dude.com
    Actually it is a small 4ft flower. The real dudes are about $2000.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    haha those are cute!!

I have been to florida one time, in 2011, to run my first half marathon at DW. I have a girlfriend who lives in Boca Raton. I miss her! I'd love to go to Florida again someday and visit with her.

Retirement is, oh... a minimum of 35 years away for me. Longer if we don't get out of debt so I can start contributing to my retirement fund...

Oh, and despite only being 2 hours from the beach, I did not see it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    CUTE!

When we moved to Florida, my dad managed to select a city that was the farthest away from the beach that you could be in Florida (Orlando), and that was before Disney got there.
    Chris
    Unknown