Page 299 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 11841

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 299

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow. What is DD planning to do? [And DS?] I'm nosey
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    DD wants to be a Forensic Pathologist-kind of like Abby on NCIS, although she has wanted to do this since before any of those shows were on tv. When on vacations she would watch a show on Discovery Science (we didn't have cable at home) called "Dr. G". The woman is the medical examiner in Orange County Florida. And DD loved the puzzle solving aspect, as well as helping the family close the chapter. She has been hooked every since. It will require she become a doctor and then enter the specialty. On a fun note, she volunteers at the Body Farm, she finds it fascinating.

DS wants to be an engineer. What kind of engineer? He changes his mind on that, the ones mentioned...aerospace, aeronautical, chemical...so far.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    On 60 minutes tonight there was a great report on the dangers of sugar. In short - Cause of many diseases, feeds cancer, can be addictive. Yay! Preach it CBS.

It is about time! Rats, DH is not convinced sugar is bad, and he usually watches 60 Minutes but missed it this week. Now we have to wait for the rerun for him to hear it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-06-2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: add a thought
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

We bought a tube dude! Visit the Tube Dude gallery in Sarasota, FL | Tube-Dude.com
    Actually it is a small 4ft flower. The real dudes are about $2000.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    haha those are cute!!

I have been to florida one time, in 2011, to run my first half marathon at DW. I have a girlfriend who lives in Boca Raton. I miss her! I'd love to go to Florida again someday and visit with her.

Retirement is, oh... a minimum of 35 years away for me. Longer if we don't get out of debt so I can start contributing to my retirement fund...

Oh, and despite only being 2 hours from the beach, I did not see it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

CUTE!

When we moved to Florida, my dad managed to select a city that was the farthest away from the beach that you could be in Florida (Orlando), and that was before Disney got there.
    Chris
    Unknown

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    demuralist, I was at Orlando and my friend said we were only like 2 hours away from Daytona Beach. Is the furthest away from a beach that you can ever get in Florida really only 2 hours???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

nah, just seemed like it when I was in high school and didn't have a car! Probably Lake City (North Central) or Avon Park/Sebring (South Central), but even then they are only maybe 2 1/2 hours. Actually in Orlando, you were closer than 2 hours. If you went straight east you probably could have gotten to Titusville/Cocoa Beach (think "I Dream of Jeanie") in less than an hour depending on traffic and where in Orlando you were.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What gets me is how long FL is from north to south. The first time we drove down we got all excited when we crossed the border from GA to FL. Then we called my husband's parents who informed us that we had 5-6 more hours to go.