Page 296 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 10857

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 296

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well TOM is kicking my butt this month. The last two days I have had to take naps just due to sheer exhaustion. Hope things are better tomorrow.

We're having some wild weather tonight with tornado watches and severe thunderstorms.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paula. Glad to see your W30 is going well. I'm not sure I could do the whole 30 days without weighing... I ended my second whole30 today (after 25 days) with a 9 lb weight loss. I'm laxing up and getting some cravings out of the way and starting over again on the 1st with SIL.

If I don't get in here again before you leave, enjoy your vacation!! And good luck to hubby.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Wow. I didn't know you had tornados in New York. Hunker down.

Day 9 - Thanks ladies. The tornados hit well west of us.

Jenn, I decided to allow myself to weigh if I want. So far so good. I'm just not reporting the number until the month is over. Not weighing was starting to drive me crazy. I won't weigh from 8/1-8/13 while on vacation.

Today is final cleaning before family arrives for the weekend. My SIL is coming and dropping her kids off while she heads off to a reunion. For 2 days my husband and I will have 4 teens, one elementary age and one toddler. It will be fun. No, really.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I bet it will be fun. I have found the best way to deal with teens and toddlers is to be very direct and tell them what you expect and offer fun rewards - like a movie out. Teens are so great with little kids - they just need to be reminded sometimes

You can make popcycles with the younger 2 while the teens veg and let the little kids "serve" the big kids when they are done. Also, water ballons are cheap and fun - getting everyone out to play in the water for a while so that you can re-group. Enjoy these fun family times - they are too few and fleeting!

Day 10 - W30 is changing my life. Yes, I am losing weight, but the energy, the emotional stability is amazing. TOM was tough for 2 days, but I napped instead of bingeing. Yesterday I deep cleaned my whole house, organized the basement and completed 5 loads of laundry. I got up at 5:30 am and went to bed at 12:30 am. This morning I woke up well rested at 7:30 am. I can't wait to get started on the day.

My 8 yr old son and his 2 year old cousin are absolutely in love with each other. They were alternately chasing each other around and watching the "Toy Story" movies together. We finally made everybody go to bed around midnight. My SIL lives in PA about 3-4 hrs away from us. We only see them twice a year. Liam has been going to daycare this year so he is more interested in other kids. This is Kevin's first experience as the "Big" cousin. This is a great learning experience for him as well.
    Liam and Kevin are the youngest of 9 cousins, so they need to stick together.

The teens played computer games, of course.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-28-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pebbles, I'm glad to see you're doing great on the Whole30! How did the weekend go with 4 kids?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad to see you're experiencing the postitive effects of the Whole30. I think my system is still really jacked up b/c I'm not waking easily and I'm awake entirely too late. Eventually my cortisol will correct itself and I'll go to bed before 10 and get up before the alarm. Until then, I'll continue to drag my butt out of bed at the very last possible minute and have bad mornings b/c they're rushed. I hate that.

I have noticed that I am more inclined to do housework. My kitchen gets cleaned daily - which usually didn't happen before. I'd do dishes when there weren't any left or there positively wasn't enough room left in the sinks for them. Now the sinks are emptied daily and what doesn't fit in the dishwasher gets washed by hand. I even mopped my kitchen floor last night after putting the kids to bed, at 9 pm! That's sign number one that my cortisol peak is coming at the wrong time of day. I should be winding down for bed at 9 pm, not mopping floors! lol

Anyhow, glad to see it's going so well for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Day 12- Saying goodbye to our company and prepping to leave tomorrow. We had a great time with the kids and I even got some alone time with my SIL to really talk.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    love to be able to sit with a family member and talk. When I visit my family in Florida, my sis and I usually stay up around the fire pit till the wee hours of the morning chatting.

Have a great trip!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day