Page 295 of 998 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395795 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 9971

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 295

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oh, Janet404 spreadin the love.

congrats on staying strong! I am totally impressed by anyone who can do a whole30, or any part of one.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So I loved the book "It Starts with Food" so much, I already lent it to my ED counselor.

We had a great meeting today during which I described my conclusions about bingeing and deprivation. For about 5 weeks I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted when I was hungry and just enough to feel satisfied. The idea was that I was bingeing due to an emotional connection with certain foods. Well, It was really fun but, I still ended up bingeing every other day and having a return of several nasty symptoms of various illnesses. If my binges were caused by depriving myself of certain foods, there should have been some positive change.

I talked about how I decided to go the other direction with an elimination diet. Thereby looking more closely at a physical connection to certain foods. I brought the book with me. She thought it was awesome that I had already come to some conclusions and that the first 5 days of Whole30 had been so successful.

One of the weird things I am noticing is that I am having very specific cravings for healthy food. Tonight I wanted steak and onions, so I went to the store and picked up a small steak and made it for myself. It was delicious. My husband and older sons were out at a movie so I ate steak alone. tee hee

Day 6 - I am reading "Food rules by Michael Pollan" Hysterical and many work with the paleo life. "Don't eat anything that your grandmother would not recognize as food" "Don't eat anything pretending to be something else" ( ie.margarine & art. sweeteners)

I think that will have to move my scale to the basement. It is getting harder to avoid weighing in the morning when I get up. Today I actually opened the closet where it is stored. Why is it so important to me NOT to weigh? First, I feel so free just not having to judge the success of W30 based on the scale #. Second, I know that there will be a loss at the end of this, so why not wait for the big moment. Third, we are heading to FL for 10 days. Not knowing will help keep me honest. It will be tough with 4 travel days and 6 days at my in laws, but I believe that I can do it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, no, does this mean 10 days with no Pebbles?! (Yes, I confess, that was my first thought: how it would affect ME.)

I think the scale needs to be studied for its impact on our lives, the same way the clock has been. It is such an artificial device. Like the way there is different amount of light during the different seasons. We used to be active sun-up to sun-down, which meant a natural change in the amount of effort in our lives, over the course of a year. Now we are active to a clock, which allows for little variation. And what with artificial lights...!

The idea that we should weigh one thing-always- just has to be wrong. And yet, the scale is so alluring. What power numbers have over us. I think your basement idea is a good one. (And yet, I am weighing every morning right now.)

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Pepples, I've been catching up on people's journals and wanted to say a quick 'hello'. I'm recovering from a terrible, terrible poison ivy attack (my third this year) which covered my face, neck, and arms. I didn't get prednisone and sure regret it. I am not sure my face will completely recover. Next time I'll get the pred for sure.

Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Sabine - I'm planning on daily updates by smartphone. I promise total honesty. Maybe knowing that I have to report the truth will motivate me to make the best choices. We are not leaving until 8/1 so I have time to solidify my plan.

Kerry - OMG Poison ivy is the worst. I was just outside with our goat. I saw he was eating some. He came up to me and rubbed his face on my hands before i could get away. I ran in and washed with technu.

Day 7. Husband had cancer removed yesterday. Today post surg check. We got car oiled and tires rotated for trip to FL. We leave in 1 week. Came home and took a 3 hr nap together. He is not sleeping well which means i am not either. :P
    Now posting on my phone from the arc trainer at the gym.

W30 Day 8

7am Boot Camp, 11 am Dr. Appt with son., Prepping house for guests and getting ready for Florida. Busy day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I hope you are doing well with all that is going on right now. Best wishes for your husband.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    just checking in to see how things are going for you. I hope that you are doing something every day to reduce stress, because between doing a Whole30, hubby's cancer, impending company, normal family stuff and Boot camps it seems like a lot to me. Take care.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.