Page 294 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394794 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 294

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Starting Day 4. I was so tempted to weigh today, but I am trying to follow the w30 "weightloss is not the goal" line of thought. Besides, my ED counselor feels that weighing more than once a month is just a bad idea for food/diet obsessed people. I will weigh on August 18th.

More great changes. Morning Body Aches have practically gone away even after a hard gym workout.

I'm not sure how my sleep is. I am very wired when I go to bed. It takes a long time to fall asleep, but I think I am sleeping well when I do. It doesn't help that DH is on night worker sleep schedule so stalks the house at odd hours. I woke up at 1 am to the light of his NOOK. GRRRR.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Does Whole30 have any ideas on how to escape the 'weightloss as goal' mentality? I would love to be in that place someday, and hopefully, before I get to my good weight, otherwise I can see 'weight maintenance' just taking its place.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I really like the honesty in this book. Instead of 80/20 is okay, it pushes the idea that if something is potentially not great for your health and you can get the nutrients, fiber and minerals from somewhere else, then why eat it.

It takes Whole 30 one step further by giving a reintroduction plan for those who want to see if they can tolerate some dairy or non gluten grains, but they allow that some people may choose to live Whole 30 most of the time. With my deranged metabolism and addictive behavior towards certain foods, I may be one of those people.
    I am glad to see this, when I saw the response you gave about one of the things you gave up being the problem, it struck me that you gave up quite a few things at the same time and now you won't know which one specifically (or if it is one specifically) that is the problem. Good that there is a plan of reintroduction in case you choose to do so.

Congrats on your success so far.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Does Whole30 have any ideas on how to escape the 'weightloss as goal' mentality? I would love to be in that place someday, and hopefully, before I get to my good weight, otherwise I can see 'weight maintenance' just taking its place.
    W30 wants you to weigh and measure before you start, then not again until the 30 days are over. My plan is to go to a 1time/month weigh and measure session. Other than that, I'll just keep track of physical indicators and clothing size.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So I may be wrong about the sleepiness being Prozac related. For the poison Ivy, I've been taking Prednisone in descending doses plus benedryl at night and claritin during the day. The iching is much better so I gave up the benedryl and claritin as of last night.

interestingly, I am not sleepy today, and have accomplished 2 major tasks in my home.
    I've taken claritin in the past and it made me really sleepy and even more brain-fogged than I was already from fibro )
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Candy, love the new Avatar pic.

The sleepiness seems to be relative to how busy I am. If I sit around, I fall asleep. lol It has been much better since I stopped the antihistimines. I remember that my son's Dr. told us that antihistimines should always be taken before bed because they cause sleepiness even though they say non-drowsy.

Day 5
    I dream about weighing, but staying strong.
    I was awakened at 3 30am by a thunderstorm. My body said "Oh good, you're awake. Feed Me." I ignored and went back to sleep. I guess that is what happens when you feed the body just what it needs. In the w30 book talks about how your body should start to demand Meal 1 within 1/2 an hr of waking and that if you are not hungry, eat a small meal anyway. Not hungry has never been a problem for me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    oh, Janet404 spreadin the love.

congrats on staying strong! I am totally impressed by anyone who can do a whole30, or any part of one.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

So I loved the book "It Starts with Food" so much, I already lent it to my ED counselor.

We had a great meeting today during which I described my conclusions about bingeing and deprivation. For about 5 weeks I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted when I was hungry and just enough to feel satisfied. The idea was that I was bingeing due to an emotional connection with certain foods. Well, It was really fun but, I still ended up bingeing every other day and having a return of several nasty symptoms of various illnesses. If my binges were caused by depriving myself of certain foods, there should have been some positive change.

I talked about how I decided to go the other direction with an elimination diet. Thereby looking more closely at a physical connection to certain foods. I brought the book with me. She thought it was awesome that I had already come to some conclusions and that the first 5 days of Whole30 had been so successful.

One of the weird things I am noticing is that I am having very specific cravings for healthy food. Tonight I wanted steak and onions, so I went to the store and picked up a small steak and made it for myself. It was delicious. My husband and older sons were out at a movie so I ate steak alone. tee hee

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 6 - I am reading "Food rules by Michael Pollan" Hysterical and many work with the paleo life. "Don't eat anything that your grandmother would not recognize as food" "Don't eat anything pretending to be something else" ( ie.margarine & art. sweeteners)

I think that will have to move my scale to the basement. It is getting harder to avoid weighing in the morning when I get up. Today I actually opened the closet where it is stored. Why is it so important to me NOT to weigh? First, I feel so free just not having to judge the success of W30 based on the scale #. Second, I know that there will be a loss at the end of this, so why not wait for the big moment. Third, we are heading to FL for 10 days. Not knowing will help keep me honest. It will be tough with 4 travel days and 6 days at my in laws, but I believe that I can do it.