Page 293 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 10901

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 293

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    In order to do 30mg, you would have to take 1 1/2 20mg pills. I've done this before (to make 15mg from 10mg pills) and it works just fine.
    I am going to talk to my doctor about this because I am not convinced I need to double my dose as an increase.. ever cautious.

On a side note.. the doc said last night that my daughter needs this med or something like it
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    oh man, it is scarey for kids to have to start something like that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Whole 30 I have been eating like crap since the summer began. That could be having an effect on my energy as well. Today will be my Day 1 of Whole 30. I had my breakfast without bacon and my coffee with only coconut milk. I don't plan to count anything, just eat 3 solid Paleo meals made from whole foods.

Damn...I just feel like going back to bed.
    Bacon is allowed on a whole30.

welcome to the Whole30 life. I love it. I've lost 16 lbs following Whole30 and feel soooo awesome it's scary!

Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am going to talk to my doctor about this because I am not convinced I need to double my dose as an increase.. ever cautious.

On a side note.. the doc said last night that my daughter needs this med or something like it
    I think your caution is wise. I have had bad experiences going up in too high of a dose.

I know it does not work for everyone, but after years of messing with SSRI's and their side effects, I have found by far the most benefit from 5-HTP and Tryptophan. I would suggest trying that for your daughter before you resort to something like Prozac.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Pastured, Organic Bacon without preservatives is allowed on Whole 30, not the regular nitrate filled stuff I usually eat. The other is not easy to find.

Karin - I can't imagine being asked to put my child on something like Prozac. It was hard enough for me to put my eldest on concerta.

Prozac - I just checked my 40mg Prozac pills. They are the kind that cannot be cut. I think that I am still going to cut back down to 20. I was very tired again yesterday. I have an appt with my Doc in one week.

Whole 30 Report - On Day 3. The amazing thing is that after only 2 days, my major inflammation indicator, my right ankle, is as normal sized as it gets. I am also right in the middle of PMS week and have not had overwhelming binge urges. Three days ago, I couldn't stop eating. In the Hartwig's book It Starts With Food, they talk about "Food without brakes" which of course includes sugar (artificial, real and natural), dairy, all grains, alcohol, and legumes. Instead of satisfying the body, they leave you wanting more and are nutritionally sub optimal at best. Their theory is that the less you expose yourself to these foods, the less your body will crave them.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear about your ankle, but, wow, I'm surprised at how quickly it went down. Two days? Our bodies are amazing.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula- I am looking into It starts with food. There is a kindle version I think I am going to get. I am going to check our library first though. Oh to give up even artificial sweeteners again..ugh. I am not looking forward to putting Lil on something like Prozac. I guess there is one that is more mild than prozac to start. She was on concerta for almost a year but the side effects were bad. She is on Aderall now. So far so good.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Good to hear about your ankle, but, wow, I'm surprised at how quickly it went down. Two days? Our bodies are amazing.
    This tells me clearly that something I was eating (cheese, bacon, artificial sweeteners?) was inflaming me in some way, even though I thought they were fine.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Paula- I am looking into It starts with food. There is a kindle version I think I am going to get. I am going to check our library first though. Oh to give up even artificial sweeteners again..ugh. I am not looking forward to putting Lil on something like Prozac. I guess there is one that is more mild than prozac to start. She was on concerta for almost a year but the side effects were bad. She is on Aderall now. So far so good.
    I really like the honesty in this book. Instead of 80/20 is okay, it pushes the idea that if something is potentially not great for your health and you can get the nutrients, fiber and minerals from somewhere else, then why eat it.

It takes Whole 30 one step further by giving a reintroduction plan for those who want to see if they can tolerate some dairy or non gluten grains, but they allow that some people may choose to live Whole 30 most of the time. With my deranged metabolism and addictive behavior towards certain foods, I may be one of those people.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-21-2012 at 03:16 PM.