Page 291 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 291

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Bummer. I hope it doesn't get you down for long.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Last night, I dreamt that my Mom and I were driving around my hometown on the east end of Long Island. We passed our home, my HS and my best friend's home. It was very vivid.

We seemed content, but I felt as if something was off. Suddenly I got a phone call saying that the bus company had tried to drop off my youngest son from school, but there was no one home to take him off the bus. We drove around frantically trying to find my house. It didn't dawn on me for quite a while that my home was in a town 200 miles away. Weird.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am really sorry about the belly dance situation. When I took a belly dance class it was through the community education system, you might try that (the catalogs generally list the teacher's name, just in case).

I am also sorry about your dream, I know that sort of thing can cause an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Also, just as an aside, when I remember my dreams vividly it is, for me, usually an indication that my deep sleep is being disturbed, since generally the dream I remember is the one I was having when I wake up-whether I wake up because of the dream or for another reason. You may want to wear your bugg a couple of nights to see how your sleep is going.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about your dream. Nothing worse than too much anxiety about one's kids -- whether a dream or reality. Makes me want to get them all -- plus their kids and all the animals and move us to a huge farm where they'll be "safe."

Hope the reality has been much better. I find I have very weird dreams if I IF at dinner. I can IF with impunity at breakfast or lunch. The best thing for me is a huge chunk of cheese before bed -- sleepwise, NOT weight-wise. That darn dairy -- tastes so good, but it's a definite weight gain for me.

Have a super day!

I'm currently reading It Starts with Food. I'm planning on using the tenets of whole 30 as the basis of my permanent eating plan. Both times I tried it I had great success.

Through the permissive eating recommended by my ED counselor, I have discovered that half measures only keep me fat and sick. I was supposed to allow myself foods that I had been avoiding in order to get out of the deprivation mindset, while eating only when hungry and stopping when satisfied. Unfortunately, some foods just set me off. The truth is that I am heavier than I have been in over a year. Part of it is the prednisone I am on to fight the poison ivy, and part of it is my the aforementioned way of eating.

I've come to the conclusion that when I am eating clean, I don't feel deprived. I feel empowered. I can't afford to keep playing with the food. Time to put on my big girl panties and give up the stuff that is killing me, for good. I am not a person who can do 80/20. I need to embrace that fact and act accordingly.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Damn, you are so right. I'm going to bite the bullet at 100% and see what can happen by December 31st (I'm picking that 'cause ecks did, so it's gotta' be a good date:-)

Paula, I gained 14 pounds in the 7 days I did Prednisone, and it took me 4 weeks to take it back off, not fair! Hope yours comes off easier.

p.s. the protocol I am doing is actually helping me with the urge to eat sweets and even with my tendency toward binges. I did do a bit of a mini binge yesterday (mini because it was not actually a big quantity, binge because it was not needed-hunger wise and it was flour/sugar combo). But it was no where near my past experiences. And the feeling, mentally, was and is very different. I think the xylitol in water is helping to quell the sweet urges, the oil is quelling the mass portion urges. And I think that it would fall within your Whole 30. FWIW since I have not actually lost any weight yet.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-18-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula what a bummer about the belly dancing troupe. Sounds fishy to me but I have to agree, do not cater to her ego. Sounds like guilt was a factor is her being "off" not the shoulder. Brush it off and find a new troupe. In New York, surely that would be simple.

So are you doing a whole 30? Are you counting mac's or calories?

Do not feel bad about the gains, steroids do that. Keep pushing the fluids though to counter balance. You might even do the ACV a couple times a day to counter it. Ugh.. feel better. Itchy summers = no fun.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Bellydancing Oddly, she responded positively to my email about completely bowing out. I used the excuse of my husband's skin cancer scare and my poison ivy. She seemed relieved that I wasn't (didn't seem to be) angry with her and really wants me to stay with the troupe. I'll probably go back to class eventually.

Prozac My Doc and I agreed to up my dosage to 40mg at the end of June, but I think I need to go back down to 20mg. I have been extremely tired for the last 2 weeks and I also feel a little numb all the time. I'm still bingeing, but sometimes I feel like I can't be bothered to make a meal even when I am hungry. We have all these plans to complete projects around the house this summer, but all I want to do is nap. I don't think the Prozac is a fail, I just think my ideal dosage is on the low end.

Whole 30 I have been eating like crap since the summer began. That could be having an effect on my energy as well. Today will be my Day 1 of Whole 30. I had my breakfast without bacon and my coffee with only coconut milk. I don't plan to count anything, just eat 3 solid Paleo meals made from whole foods.

Damn...I just feel like going back to bed.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hang in there!

Can't you do BPC on whole 30? that might help with the energy level.
    Chris
    Unknown