Page 289 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389789 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 289

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    When I upped the Prozac to 40, I really started to see a difference. Some days I have to make myself eat. I am sticking to the 3meals 2 snacks plan which helps with hypoglycemia.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My son goes back August 1st!

I am sure that your attitude of feeling talented and beautiful (as well as sleep) has helped a lot with food issues.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Wow. All I can say is: where is the summer going? Crazy.
    -- Ruth

Well, my husband has squamous cell skin cancer on his leg. We found out about a week ago. Emotions have been running high, because we didn't know if it was melanoma or not. Yesterday we went to the dermatologist. The good news is that it is very superficial, non melanoma. My husband has chosen the surgical option to make sure it is completely gone. He will have the surgery in 2 weeks. We were in a celebratory mood last night so we went out to dinner and ate way too much.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, wow, Paula. I'm so glad that it's not melanoma!
    -- Ruth

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, indeed! Quick surgery, quick recovery. I'll be thinking of you both.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Wow, so glad it is not more serious.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Wow, so glad it is not more serious.
    ^This

Belly Dancing...

You all may remember that the "Twisted Gypsies" troupe is preparing for a performance on July 20th in Woodstock. At first I wasn't going to be able to do it because it conflicted with the show; then the dance date was changed and I stayed in. I missed a lot of practices in the last few weeks, but I had let the troupe leader know ahead of time.

Well, two days ago she decided that I should not perform in the show, but that I should still come to practices and be the "understudy" for anyone who might not be able to dance in the practice or in the performance. I can understand not letting me do the new piece, but the second number is the one that we did in performance in March and I know it as well as the other ladies. Last night I went to practice and danced well IMO. At the end of practice she told me she wanted me to go to the performance with the troupe as a helper, so I can get in free. Gee, Thanks.

Honestly, my pride and feelings are hurt. I feel like telling her to F#$% off, but part of me still wants to stay with the group. I feel like she is punishing me because I chose to give more time to Willy Wonka than to her.

I will probably send her a carefully worded email today, but first I have to decide what I really want to say.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can understand being upset about it. Is there some set number of people who can do the second piece? I could understand if only 10 could do it and all 10 had been to every rehearsal, but if it is not number specific, why not let you dance? Or if you are better than someone else, take their spot. (I have no idea if the group is that competative or 'just for fun') Either way, expecting you to show up and basically sit there is lame, especially since you had given her a heads-up before hand. My guess is she is trying to avoid conflict with the other group members - the whole, "I show up every time why is she special?" crap that comes up way too often in pretty much every group from 3rd grade until death.

Bleh, anyway, I hope it resolves itself in a way you are happy with. I think she would be dumb to lose you out of the group. I mean, those hips don't lie (to steal from Shakira)