Page 282 of 1092 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382782 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 10912

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 282

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ooh, can NOT wait to see a pic of you in the sexy red dress! Go, Paula, go!
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Costume Shopping take 2...We went to the Salvation Army. My husband was looking for a sport coat, dress shirt and pants. He found most of those items. I needed a business suit. I found a red one and a hot pink one; only $12 each, plus the perfect white shirt for my first act costume, $1. The director was very happy. I will be wearing the red skirt and white shirt with my ren faire bodice as a first act Germany costume and the hot pink suit for second act. I will post costume pics at some point.

Practices are getting intense and tiring. 4 hrs yesterday and 4 hrs today.

Tomorrow is the big state exam for 85 of my students. I have to read a 45 min listening test in Spanish 3 times. Then we grade the test in the afternoon. I will likely be MIA from MDA until Tuesday.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    costume sounds fun!

OMG, 45 mins x's 3! on top of hours of rehearsal, your voice is gonna need some rest!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I love thrift stores...I find some great stuff at great prices. Sounds like got some great stuff. Hope you have a good day tomorrow...sounds intense.
    -- Ruth

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, can't wait to see pictures .
    Good luck to you and your students!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Saw a show on tv last night (Head Games on Discovery Channel) and they showed the difference in the way a woman wearing a red dress and the same woman wearing the same dress in white got treated. No surprise the red dress got her much more attention. The theory of course is that red made the men act differently, but I think she acted differently as well. In the red she looked more directly into peoples faces, and generally appeared more confident, I think she acted more demurely in the white. Anyway, made me think of you and your new red dress.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-18-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: tv show name
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So my testing day started in chaos. I needed three classrooms for my 85 students. Two of the three they assigned to me were unusable. We finally settled on new rooms just as the kids arrived en masse from the cafeteria. I started reading ten minutes late. I finished reading to my last class only three minutes before the early release time (2 hrs). They can stay up to three, but sadly, most don't. My brain was so fried that grading in the afternoon was torturous. I arrived home in a zombie like state. My husband made me dinner and told me to go to bed. I crawled into bed at 6pm and watched movies until I passed out at 8. Today's grading session went much better.

The outcome wasn't bad. Only three failures out of the 82 kids who took the test. There were also 3 no shows. GRRRR

I am now in the home stretch. Friday is my last day. Saturday we start tech week-5hr rehearsals nightly until we open on 6/28
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-20-2012 at 05:41 AM.

What the heck, how do you not show up for a final? It sounds as though the hubs took good care of you.
    Chris
    Unknown

Only 3 failures? That seems pretty darned impressive to me!!!
    -- Ruth

Cue to Cue rehearsal last night. This type of rehearsal is for lighting purposes. We take the stage and do our scenes until the yell "hold". Then we stand still until they release us to continue. We started at 5:30 and ended at 9:30, but only got through Act 1. So tired.

Today is the last day of school for my younger boys. Mike has the 8th grade Moving Up Ceremony & Kevin has an event in his class at the same time. My husband and I will split up to make it to both.