Page 281 of 997 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 9966

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 281

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    rats, foiled by a high schooler who did not consider the consequences of his actions (I feel sure it is a pattern on his part). At some point in his life he is not going to have a teacher like you to chase him down and make sure he does what he needs to do for his own good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    This is exactly the problem. By rights, he shouldn't be given the chance to make up the test, but if I don't have a record of trying to get a hold of him, I'm the one who gets into trouble. Thanks to "No Child Left Behind" and "Race to the Top", Schools are all about the bottom line of passing and graduation rates, just like a business is all about profit. Poor grad rates=less $ from the state. But what are we teaching our kids?
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think we are not teaching them that failure is always a possibility, and as a consequence they are not learning to fail and how to use it as a life lesson. Among other things.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've never understood missing such a critical class day. It just does not compute.
    Then again, I was the one that showed up the day I had an AP Chem test dead sick and was told by the teacher "Go home, or I'm driving you home at lunch. You can take the test later."
    I was also the one that threatened to lick a prof when I had mono and the excuse sheet from the doc and she refused to let me reschedule the test. After that threat, she changed her mind.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Paula! Checking in. I can't wait to see your promo pics! Enjoy your summer break. I am thoroughly jealous of all that work in the education field today. Even my MIL is off for the summer as head cook in a local elementary school. *le sigh*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I bought a little red dress...without trying it on. : )
    Now I am at the gym trying to take something off. ; )

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    mmm take it off baby!

no i couldn't help myself. any fun ideas about what you're going to do while wearing your new dress?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I bought a little red dress...without trying it on. : )
    Now I am at the gym trying to take something off. ; )
    well, hello there.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I may pair the dress with a little black jacket and wear it as my second act costume.

I tried on the dress last night. Va Va Voom, if I may say so myself. My husband certainly loved it.
    It is not appropriate for the stage however so back to shopping. And I SO hate shopping. ; )

I just went to a bootcamp workout at our local park because they are replacing the floor at the gym. It is a gorgeous day and exercising outside was a nice change.