Page 277 of 998 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377777 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 9971

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 277

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    That's still small when compared with a bear.
    Yeah, true but bears are fuzzy and you can shoot them. Spiders are...well, spiders.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, true but bears are fuzzy and you can shoot them. Spiders are...well, spiders.
    .. and we haven't even started on the snakes!

I'll take big bears over snakes and spiders I think.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm ok with the occasional mountain lion that I have never actually seen. Supposedly they're around here, but my dogs are still alive, so I suppose none are near us or are hungry enough to come close.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    .. and we haven't even started on the snakes!
    snakes are awesome. spiders are spiders. :/

healthbarspiderex2.jpg
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I told Geek I wanted a pet tarantula. That's the only time I've ever gotten a "I'll kill it if you bring it home" in response to a pet. He HATES spiders.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I am NOT a fan of spiders. I have my house sprayed 2x per year. I have a spider killing cat and a spider killing dog. I put cedar chips in my flower bed to keep them out but it didn't work so now I have 3 foot tall weeds taking over and don't care b/c our spiders are big (in my mind). The wolf spiders we have around our place are the size of a half dollar. They squirt when you step on them.

If I saw ^that^ spider in my house, I would move. Leave everything and move. Fugggg that!

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    We get the banana spiders that get as big as your hand, but they're pretty harmless. It's those little brown recluse spiders that get you. I got bit in the leg when I was in college and it took me around 6 months to get over it. Wound up with 5 scars on my leg.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

We've got brown recluse up here too. Never seen one up close and personal but heard nasty stories at basic training of people having holes in their legs and needing skin grafts to close the wounds.

I saw on one of those national geographic like shows that banana spiders are deadly in a matter of minutes... or do you have different banana spiders than in those lands where they grow bananas?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    We get the banana spiders that get as big as your hand, but they're pretty harmless. It's those little brown recluse spiders that get you. I got bit in the leg when I was in college and it took me around 6 months to get over it. Wound up with 5 scars on my leg.
    Any spider in our house gets squashed on sight because they broke the covenant (We live in here, you live out there.) Anything tiny and brown or black and shiny gets squashed on sight anywhere. We don't even bother counting legs. If it meets those criteria, it dies.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome