Page 275 of 997 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 9966

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 275

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Personally I can't stand all the stupid 'what would grok do' arguments. Truth is, no one knows. All you can do is figure out what works for you - now. I hope your new plan works for you Paula, I eat fairly regularly too and I include all three macros at each meal/snack and it's working great for me.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    congratulations! btw, my inlaws are inviting us out in early august. now that i know your last name, i can stalk you!! (I'll let you know the detail if/when it happens)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the award Paula!

I agree in that you need to do what is best for you. This whole what would grok do is silly. Simple rules: Eat real food, Eat when hungry/needed, Move.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Schwarzbein believes that people with messed up metabolisms should not be skipping meals or going long stretches without eating. Binge eating is one of the symptoms of being out of balance. I tried IF, eating windows and skipping meals, but it has not resulted in further fat loss for me.
    This is critical to understanding her program. It's all about healing our metabolisms...cause if you're metabolism is screwed up you are not going to lose weight. When you skip meals your cortisol levels rise...it puts the body in a stressful situation. If you are healthy & don't have adrenal fatigue then there is no problem...BUT if you do have adrenal fatigue or burned out adrenals then you should not skip meals & strive for balance. I quilt fasting when I started following this program. When I get healthy & down to my "ideal" weight then I can incorporate it into my lifestyle.

I so hope this works for you Paula! You've been struggling for so long!

Congrats on your award! You deserve it!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, food for thought....I'm still trying to loose some weight, but it's not going down . Maybe I should go back to eating breakfast after all?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    congratulations! btw, my inlaws are inviting us out in early august. now that i know your last name, i can stalk you!! (I'll let you know the detail if/when it happens)
    Yes, keep me posted. It would be so awesome to meet you.

Slept great and woke up feeling energized. I slept 6hrs and 19 minutes with a 95% sleep efficiency instead of the usual 5 hrs. Lost a pound.

You guys will appreciate this: To get my award, I had to go up on the stage in the school auditorium in front of 300 staff members and shake the Principal's hand. When my name was called and I headed to the stage I was thinking "Thank God that I am Primally Hot now" Two years ago my pride in the award would have been tempered by my worry about what people were thinking about me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    you are up awfully early! Glad you were able to get good quality sleep!

As I started to read that sentence (about walking to the front of the auditorium) I was thinking about what I would be thinking and it would basically be "hope I don't have anything on my butt".

Once, years ago, I was in a night club with my cousin. Live band, called a woman up to the stage, can't remember why. My cousin and I were "over it" jealous, partially because we did not care for the woman. Anyway, as she is walking up the stairs, we see that she has tucked her skirt into her panty hose, and I mean all the way down there, and she has no panties under the stockings so she is mooning the crowd. We tried to stop her, but because she didn't care for us anymore than we cared for her, she thought we were being bitchy, and strutted on up. The incident has left a lasting impression on me!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

^OMG my worst nightmare. Maybe that is why I don't wear skirts much.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Bet it did on her too .

Btw Paula, congratulations on your award!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)