Page 274 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374774 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 10885

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 274

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    To play devil's advocate, doesn't this go against the PB somewhat with the multiple meals as opposed to eating when you're hungry?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The problem with PB is that it doesn't really account for the binge situation.

I can envision Grok and family roaming along and finding some berries and nibbling on them because they were there, maybe some succulent looking greens even. I would not be surprised to discover that they ate when it became available as opposed to only when they were hungry.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    To play devil's advocate, doesn't this go against the PB somewhat with the multiple meals as opposed to eating when you're hungry?
    Actually in chapter 8 of the Primal Blueprint, a Primal Approach to Weight loss, Mark recommends a general menu plan of 3 meals and 3 snacks with an occasional IF thrown in there. He talks about meal skipping & eating windows as something to try, but not mandatory.

According to PB, I was probably undereating for my size and activity level. And crazily enough, I am hungry for each of these meals and snacks.

Schwarzbein believes that people with messed up metabolisms should not be skipping meals or going long stretches without eating. Binge eating is one of the symptoms of being out of balance. I tried IF, eating windows and skipping meals, but it has not resulted in further fat loss for me.

So I will try it her way for a while.

In other news...I got an award!

Today was the last faculty meeting of the year. They gave out certificates to a member of each department. I was chosen out of the 10 World Language teachers. It reads:

Kingston High School
    Community Excellence Award
    presented to
    Paula Lucas
    for Outstanding Service, Leadership, Integrity, and Commitment to the KHS Community.

did you say that you are not supposed to track, or just that you are not supposed to keep track of calories?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    In other news...I got an award!

Today was the last faculty meeting of the year. They gave out certificates to a member of each department. I was chosen out of the 10 World Language teachers. It reads:

Kingston High School Community Excellence Award presented to Paula Lucas for Outstanding Service, Leadership, Integrity, and Commitment to the KHS Community.
    Yahoo! congrats, from how much care you take I am certain it was more than deserved. No chance there was a monetary component, huh?
    Chris
    Unknown

No tracking. She has size recommendations for each macro and every macro has to be present in every meal and snack. I already know the protein and carb counts of most foods I eat, so this shouldn't take too much extra effort.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The problem with PB is that it doesn't really account for the binge situation.

I can envision Grok and family roaming along and finding some berries and nibbling on them because they were there, maybe some succulent looking greens even. I would not be surprised to discover that they ate when it became available as opposed to only when they were hungry.
    I had this same argument and someone in the nutrition board told me they wouldn't eat it as they came across it b/c there were others that need fed too, so they would collect it and share it later. I call BS. I think in times of plenty they would graze and in times of not-so-plenty they might collect and share.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah I think your argument makes more sense. I could be totally wrong on this, but weren't they nomadic for the most part?

Truth be told, I think that each of us has a slightly different adaptation because of our ancestry. I don't think we have to go all the way back to cave men to figure out what is best for us. I think we can go back and see steps. ie. when we started farming as a race we became smaller with shorter life spans. I think that the convergence of multiple situations have created the obesity we see now around the world.

Paula, now that I have started this data gathering I am sort of addicted to the information, I actually think I would have trouble dropping it. I have been reading her web site, and I think I am insulin-sensitive adrenal fatigued (is that the word she used? can't remember now) as well. so I will be watching your progress closely.
    Chris
    Unknown

I don't think tracking is bad per se. I don't personally get much out of it. Servings/ day has always been easiest for me. When i was in the eating disorders hospital 20 years ago, every day, every meal for a month we walked past the nurse at the end of the food line and showed her our tray while listing the food groups on it. "1fat, 1 protein, 2 carb, 2 veg. We were told how many of each thing to have for each meal or snack to make X calories. It was simple and it worked.