Page 273 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 11539

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 273

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paula...sounds like you are progressing well, even tho you are just starting. I too am doing well following the protocol. I understand the thought process that you are eating too much food! I felt the same way! But I think, back a few months ago I sabotaged myself by not eating enough...calories or carbs. Now that I've switched to this plan I'm losing again. Slowly...but I'm losing & that's what counts. I occasionally have mayo...& not giving up my bacon! Should be easy for those of us that gave up most processed foods already. I have enjoyed adding a fruit back in & of course only eat it with a protein! I found her meal plans & snack ideas very doable...at least for me...& easy to adapt. She says its not unusual for some to gain a little, at first...but I think that would apply to those that aren't already eating like most of us are.

Good luck with the program!! I'll be following along!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    nameless Yes, I am hypoglycemic.

chris I think my cals are between 1800-2000. Recently, I have been eating 1400-1600.
    I'm not supposed to be tracking however, so I will have to drop that too. Coffee - I am switching to decaf first. She says you can have one regular cup/day after you heal your body.

karin I imagine it will be torture to give up some of that stuff, but what if it is interfering with optimal health? I want to try it at least.

PC Thanks for the support.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I wonder what info she added to the second book that is not in the weigh losing one?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I think it was more about hormones and adrenals and individualized plans for healing and maintenance. Her 4 types are insulin sensitive, healthy adrenals , insulin sensitive, exhausted adrenals (me-125g carb), insulin resistant, healthy adrenals, insulin resistant, exhausted adrenals. The last gets the lowest carbs (15g per meal/snack-75 total).

I am not insulin resistant. I have a normal fasting BS
    I am assuming Adrenal Exhaustion, but need to be tested.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have a hold request for both the "program" weight losing one and the new one at the library, I will see what I can learn. I will not be doing any tweaking until this month is over though, well at least that is my goal. I really want to use this month as data collection and see what I can learn.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I read "the program" first on kindle. The SPII apparently has the same info with expanded parts. I just received it last night from amazon. I never read the original book

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    nameless Yes, I am hypoglycemic.

chris I think my cals are between 1800-2000. Recently, I have been eating 1400-1600.
    I'm not supposed to be tracking however, so I will have to drop that too. Coffee - I am switching to decaf first. She says you can have one regular cup/day after you heal your body.

karin I imagine it will be torture to give up some of that stuff, but what if it is interfering with optimal health? I want to try it at least.

PC Thanks for the support.
    I totally understand. WOW.. good luck giving those up though. Of course, WHEN you manage it (because I know you will) let me in on the trick..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Schwarzbein "claims" that once you are feeding your body the right way, your need for caffeine and sugar will go away. God I hope so.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Right way as in enough protein, fats, veggies??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Exactly. Fats, proteins, veggies, and healthy carbs. She does not calculate non starchy veg in the carb count. We shall see. I am certainly eating more, and more often than I was.