Page 272 of 1131 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372772 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 11306

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 272

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    what a waste.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That's too bad. Even if marijuana is a minor thing, it's a huge morality issue. School tell kids to say no to drugs, so it looks really immoral for the principle to be caught in possession of it, whether it was truly his or not.

I think they should decriminalize it too. Think of the tax revenues that could be had from something like legal pot sales!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Potentially better than my town's drama of the past few years: middle school principle was found to be having an affair with the computer instructor. Both are married to other people. They used school email for correspondence.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My supervisor is having an affair with a previous supervisor. She left that office and came over here. She says the reason is because she didn't like the atmosphere and constantly being a verbal punching bag for the General, but I hear rumors that people learned of their affair and made her move. Both are married to someone else as well. He's going thru a nasty divorce as a result, but she's not.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    OK, so I don't want to get too excited about yet another program tweak...but my body seems to be responding very well to the Schwarzbein Protocol.

Honestly, the name is off putting, but the research is sound and it can be done primally. She is anti sugar, and anti processed but feels a small amount of whole grain is ok for some people (not me). I am following the insulin sensitive, exhausted adrenals plan from her latest book Schwarzbein Protocol II

In short I am eating three meals and two snacks. Each meal is supposed to include protein, carb, veg and fat. For me, this represents an increase in carbs (100-125), veggies (working up to 5 cups) and snacks (3pm and 8pm). I'm working her step 1 which is nutrition.

Yesterday:
    2 eggs, bacon, 1/2 cup peppers & mushrooms, cheese, coffee w/hwc

Tuna, mayo, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 cup asparagus

Walnuts and grapes

GF chicken nuggets, 1 cup brussel sprouts, butter

SF Jello mousse

*Right now, I am just trying to eat enough. eventually I will drop some of the processed stuff above.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    It should not be too hard to swap processed foods for the real deal. Easy to make chicken nuggets, or shoot just have a nice piece of grilled chicken. Weaning yourself of sugar though is tough.. I am working on it as we speak as well. It will happen though I mean hey, if you can get up and perform infront of strangers.. you can do this!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Her conjecture is that you need to start eating enough decent food first, then drop processed stuff, caffeine, sweeteners little by little. I bought some sugar free snacks last week to have when I wanted to binge. I'll use them up this week and then change my late snack to something better. The GF chicken nuggets will be gone today. My son did not like them. That will only leave the mayo, bacon, coffee & AS, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

OK, the coffee will suck. Good thing to try for the summer.

The hardest thing is the volume of food and the added carbs. My brain is alternately screaming, "Stop, you are going to get fat!" and "OOOH I feel...good!"

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    OMG.. I can not give up mayo, bacon or coffee.. well.. I can cut back on the bacon without hardship but not the mayo and coffee.. weird huh?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think your plan sounds very sensible and smart. I struggled for a while with eating enough and something you need to just EAT even if it's not the best option. Also with your hypoglycemic issues (I believe you had them? or maybe I'm projecting haha), snacking is not a bad call at all. I could probably benefit from that as well!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Are your calories up, or does it just feel like a lot because you are eating more often?

In the past week, I have noticed that while eating only when I am physically hungry I have had calories 5 to 6 times a day. First thing in the morning I do liquid stuff (coffee and green tea), the calories come from the HWC. Then mid morning, I have had nuts - either raw almonds or raw brazil along with my ACV/stevia/liter of water. Lunch has been later and has been a protein and veggies with tea and HWC. Mid afternoon, a protein smoothie I have been sharing with my daughter. Dinner a protein, salad and veggies. Then tea and HWC later.

It has definitely worked to keep me from roaming in the pantry, and I notice that I am able to feel comfortable with smaller portions.

p.s. I would have no problem with giving up bacon or mayo, but coffee could not happen. I just really like the taste in the morning, and at least so far, there isn't enough research to convince me it is worth being deprived of it. Of course I have said that about other things in the past that have ended up going by the way side.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-07-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: add ps
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day