Page 270 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 11055

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 270

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OMG The students were freaking out today. We got the news that our HS Vice Principal was arrested over the weekend for possession of pot. He was on his way home from the "Mountain Jam" concert when he was pulled over for failing to properly stop at a stop sign. They found the pot in his car. He claims it belonged to someone he gave a ride to earlier in the day. Sadly, he is a really nice guy who probably just lost his career in education regardless of the truth. He has been put on administrative leave.
    WTF were they doing searching his car for rolling a stop sign? I fail to see how that gives probable cause or reasonable suspicion (I can't remember which is needed perhaps Skink can help out on that one) to search his vehicle. Unless he was acting hokey or gave them permission to search (which one should never do) I would have his lawyer all over this one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good call, Canio! It would be probably cause, to answer your question. I wonder what he did to provoke the search.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Good call, Canio! It would be probably cause, to answer your question. I wonder what he did to provoke the search.
    The sad part is that the school may not care. He may get off legally and still get hung out to dry on 'morality' issues with the school. Time to call up that union rep.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The sad part is that the school may not care. He may get off legally and still get hung out to dry on 'morality' issues with the school. Time to call up that union rep.
    +1

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    WTF were they doing searching his car for rolling a stop sign? I fail to see how that gives probable cause or reasonable suspicion (I can't remember which is needed perhaps Skink can help out on that one) to search his vehicle. Unless he was acting hokey or gave them permission to search (which one should never do) I would have his lawyer all over this one.
    PC isn't really all that hard with weed cases. If the cop smells it in the car then he has PC. And then there is the old "You don't have anything in the car do you? Then you won't mind if I take a look inside?" 7 out of 10 times people will say yes to a search even knowing they have illegal shit in the car. I had a guy ask me after why I looked in his car. My answer was "You said i could". When he asked what would have happened if he said no I explained I would have told him to have a nice evening. That being said, that is still a pretty petty weed arrest. I wouldn't have made it, and neither would most of the people I have worked with. If I arrested you for a little weed, you were probably a real douche bag. I've always been of the opinion that it should be decriminalized anyway. I personally have no use for it, but I don't see it any worse than the guy who has a six pack of beer when he gets off work. I always advise the people that I have stopped that it is very rare that someone gets in trouble smoking weed in their house, but they always get caught in their car. It is a shame that this guys career should be at stake for something that petty.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I had a guy ask me after why I looked in his car. My answer was "You said i could". When he asked what would have happened if he said no I explained I would have told him to have a nice evening.
    I bet that's a real bummer to hear when you're in the backseat taking a ride to jail.
    Last edited by justyouraveragecavemen; 06-05-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I bet that's a real bummer to hear when you're in the backseat taking a ride to jail.
    Yep, I guess it would suck. But he wasn't going for weed. Gang members with concealed weapons don't get my sympathies.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    PC isn't really all that hard with weed cases. If the cop smells it in the car then he has PC.
    Understood. I was taking the guy at his word. If someone just left it in there (was not smoking it, just left the bag) there would be no smell. If the guy was acting normally (not high) there would have been no reason to search. Of course, he may have been as high as a kite in a pot smelling car. I was just going by what P said

It is one of the percs of my job. 4th amendment what? Welcome to Fort _____ pull over there for your random inspection.

I agree that weed should be decriminalized. I also think teachers/school admins should be subjected to random drug testing.

It is one of the percs of my job. 4th amendment what? Welcome to Fort _____ pull over there for your random inspection.
    Same here but I have yet to be searched. I see people getting searched all the time, but I have never been searched personally. Worst they'll find is a bottle of vodka in the trunk...

He would have need the other guy in the car to claim it. If it's just you in the car then it's all yours. Even if other people are in the car, you have what's called constructive possession where you can put it on everyone who had access to it and should have known it was there. Don't get me wrong, i think it is a BS arrest(unless we're talking one fat bag of weed). If it had been me I would have made him dump it, made sure he knew how he almost fucked his life, and sent him on his way.