Page 268 of 1111 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 11108

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 268

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Huh. I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation Sounds like you had a great time, anyway.
    -- Ruth

Billings32 is offline Junior Member
    1st Mini goal-25 pounds down by my April 15th gym anniversary (230lbs)
    Last edited by Billings32; 06-04-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks spammer for reminding me that I have made zero progress since this time last year.

AND Thank You friends for the kind compliments on my voice.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks spammer for reminding me that I have made zero progress since this time last year.

AND Thank You friends for the kind compliments on my voice.
    Paula, I'm so enjoying your blog. I wanted to pop in and comment here (for once I'm not days behind your posts) and point out that you may not be very different scale-wise compared to last year, but you seem to be in a much better place! You're pursuing so much in your life right now, honing your talent, controlling your health more, and you're doing so much physically that I'll bet you're not lighter due to toning and muscle. I'll bet your glow and the gleam in your eyes are brighter this year than last year!

Kerry, Welcome and thanks for the perspective. You are right on all counts. Life is full and good and I feel as if big changes are yet to come.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Loved the song! Listening to it made me think about how many talents we all have but leave hidden because we are so afraid that they are not good enough and jeeze, what would people think if I just got up there and did it (acted, sang, showed off my art, heck, even cooking dinner for company). We all have creative talents and need to stop listening to the media etc. that makes you feel that only some air brushed, perfectly card board, store bought crap could be good enough. My Mom's an artist and I was always taught that the truest gifts can never be bought from a store!

So, I think what may feel like self promotion or "showing off" is just you enocouraging others to join you and let their inner gifts out for all the world to enjoy!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Oh MudFlinger, you always say things so eloquently, thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Paula, congrats on the sense of humor to carry you through what could have been an awkward situation, and letting yourself shine through!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yes Mud Flinger, that is exactly what I feel. I just worry too much about what people think.

Chris, I swear to God my first reaction was to run away. I'm usually good with stuff like this when I know what's up. I "knew" she had a lot of young students. I just did not know I was the only adult in the show. I'm glad I just rolled with it because it turned out fine.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I suspect that the reason she has mostly young students is that Adults tend to be afraid to think they can take lessons like you are, and she probably wanted to show you off in hopes, maybe, of letting other adults see the possibilities.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Precisely. Her partner offered me wine and said it was not a deliberate thing on her part. She (the teacher) just didn't think about the oddness of it at all.

The student group picture sure was funny. lol