Page 263 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 11743

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 263

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paula, love the picture. When I finished cleaning out my grandparents house, I got a lot of my grandpa's stuff from the navy. I couldn't keep it all, but there was a lot of neat things.

Your hobby sounds interesting. I'll have to keep you in mind

Where do you find time to do all you do? I don't have kids (just 2 dogs, a mom, and a husband) and can't do half of what you do...
    -- Ruth

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Great pics! I would love to find out more about my family tree as I was a very late child and never meet 3 of 4 grandparents. I always thought my Dad and his Dad were only kids, but have recently found out that grandpa's sibs all moved to Australia when he came to the US. My Mom's Mom was adopted but knew her Mom throughout her life - stuff like that makes me wonder... I bet my family puzzle would be quite the challenge!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I love old pics. I have a question that I would guess you would know something about. How do you preserve old photos and documents? I have a giant binder full of old pics and documents, including an old letter signed by George Washington to one of my relatives and I would really like to preserve it. Even though I'm a nobody, I come from a long line of famous people and have lots of stuff.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is a really good question Dave. The first thing I would do, if you haven't already, is get a cheap scanner and save them all to a stick drive or disc. That way you will have copies in case disaster strikes. I have a $50 HP scanner, printer copier.

In the scrapbooking section of a craft store, you can find archival, acid free paper which is best for mounting and preserving pictures and documents. If you don't want to mount them, You can also get acid free mylar plastic sheets to protect them.

And whatever you do, don't be an idiot like me and store pictures and documents in the basement or attic. Dampness and heat are bad. More information below:

Preserving Old Photos and Documents

Billy had a great time at Steve Buscemi's house. It was just Steve's family and Becca's family. Steve manned the grill.

Long day today. The Fire Department is having it's Memorial Weekend breakfast and flea market. Our family volunteers there. Then we have a 4 hour WW practice. See you guys later.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I think I am the only one who does not know who Steve Buscemi is..I had to look him up. He was in Armageddon right? How fun for your son to hang with him.

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.. the flea market sounds like fun!!

Is someone going to tape WW and you tube it?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    How kewl you are in to genealogy Paula! Me too!! Been working on mine & my hubbies for a little over 30 years. I've started a scrapbook for my hubby with all his family info & pictures. But I have gone about as far as I can with his, without going to Germany I guess. Its like their lives started when they boarded the boats to immigrate here. I still have more to do on mine but don't have much time to devote to it anymore. Back in the 80's (before child) I spent several years doing nothing but. I traipsed thru old cemetery's...old courthouses...it was so much fun. That was back in the "old" days before computers! We did everything by snail mail & spending lots of time in librairies going thru microfiche...lots & lots of microfiche!!! lol Very rewarding & so fascinating!! I knew more about hubbies family than they did!! lol Several years ago I put together binders of their family history complete with pics & then took orders at the family reunion that year. charged $40 (& that was cheap!!) & got way more orders than I thought I would!!! Took me almost 2 years to get them all done!!! lol Never will I make an offer like that again!!

Love ancestry.com. I let my membership expire when I quit working on stuff so much. Every now & then I get a wild hair & want to work on it again. But again...just have to many other irons in the fire.

And kewl to "know" Steve Buscemi!!! I loved him in Armeggedon! He's a very good actor I think. Nice to hear he's just a "regular" kind of guy!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Well, the Lucas-Walsh family kicked a$$ at WW practice yesterday. My scene is practically ready to go, my husband's Mr. Salt is coming along nicely as well. BUT the real star was my son Mike. He has been shadowing the adult playng Phineous the reporter for weeks now, he has memorized all the lines and his part in the character songs. It turns out that the other actor no longer has a conflict so Mike may not play the roll. Even so, yesterday when we ran through act 1, the director went through each ticket winner's scene twice and let Mike show all his hard work to the cast. Everyone was blown away. Mike hit all the lines, all the blocking and sang beautifully. The other guy playing Phineous has been super nice and helpful to Mike, but I'm sure he was curious as to why this 14 yr old was picked to understudy him. Now he knows. The director was thrilled and complimented Mike. Both the director and the other Phineous have agreed that Mike should get to do one of the shows a Phineous for all his hard work. We we're also excited to learn that the director has a separate roll for Mike as well. He wants Mike to be Slugworth, the man who tries to get the ticket winners to steal for him. Mike is almost 6 feet tall, so there was a bit of a problem finding scenes to put him in.

On another note, my Karma is good today. I save a tiny mouse from the, mostly empty, animal water bowl and put him outside. He probably jumped in there to escape our 3 cats. I warned him about the snakes when I set him down on the ground. Poor little guy doesn't stand a chance in or out.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-28-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry too much about the mouse, given they are still around in pretty good numbers they obviously have a way of ensuring their survival.

Thrilled to hear about Mike's hard work paying off. Are your other boys jealous or just not at all interested in acting?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    congrats on the success of your fam at ww practice. What a fun thing to do as a family.

You know, that Karma train is interesting.. Phyllis should just pass you by now
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.