Page 259 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 259

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing to report from yesterday. Ate crap. Wt. 231.8 I am deciding on my next move.

Today I stayed off MDA at work so I could use my free time to complete my yearly teacher learning project. I knocked out most of it and feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I have also completed the speaking testing for over half of my 85 Spanish III students. Tomorrow is our last day this week. We have a lot of returned snow days, so we have a 6 day weekend.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Six-day weekend! Heaven!
    Dare I say, a good time for thinking about the next move?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    wowow. a 6 day weekend? Just curious, why don't they just shorten the year?

I think that one of the reasons I read other people's journals is that I am looking for the thing that I am missing. That one nugget of info that aha moment that will make all of what I have done/learned to this point fall into place and suddenly it will work and I will lose the weight steadily and permanently.

I patiently await your next move. no pressure;~)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

You are wicked, DeMuralist!

schoolWe can't shorten the year because NYS has common final exams (Regents) that are scheduled six months in advance. Exams run from June 13th-June 21st. June 22nd is my last day.

next move Sadly, my next move will likely be nothing new.

Wt. 231.2 -.6

On the agenda today: Grading piles of papers, finishing the teacher project,getting my yearly physical exam and doing 2 hrs of bellydancing practice.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    You have a busy day.

Well, the truth of the matter is I don't really think it is going to be something new. I think we know everything we need to know we just have to find the combination that works and that essentially we have to figure out what it will take to keep us motivated to keep doing that until we have done it so long (and for me that last time I did this weight loss thing, I was in maintenance for 5 years before I gained it all back) we become on the inside that new person we create on the outside.

If it was easy we wouldn't be here.
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-23-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: brain is faster than the keyboard
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

On the agenda today:2 hrs of bellydancing practice.
    Love your body, love yourself!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Wt. 227.6 -3.4

Cals 1500. A clean day.

Well, I have news...Yesterday I had my yearly physical. I discussed my binge problem honestly with my doctor. I explained that I am out of control and once I open the door, one treat turns into 3-4 hrs of eating sugar and other carbs until I fall into bed drunk on sugar. A few binges a month has turned into 2-3 days a week. This is especially dangerous because it sets off my hypoglycemia.

The cause is a combination of hormonal change, stress & grief, physical addiction to sugar & wheat (Yes I believe there is an addictive component) and long term compulsive behavior. If you wish, you can read all of the details of my history with food in the first few pages of this journal.

I told her that planned to seek counseling, but wondered if there were any other medical options for me. I cannot take hormones due to a deadly clotting disorder.

Her suggestion was trying an SSRI. I told her that I was concerned about addiction, wt. gain etc. She suggested Prozac. Prozac is used for Premenstral Disphoric Disorder, Bulimia, OCD and Anxiety in addition to Depression. It has fewer side effects than other meds and is easier to get off if I am not happy with the results.

So, as of today, I will be taking 10mg of an antidepressant. That is the lowest dosage. I can't say that I am thrilled about this. It makes me feel like a failure, but in truth I don't see any other way.

With an eye towards helping others, I plan to write about my Prozac adventure here. If you have any experience with SSRIs, positive or negative, please share. (A PM would be fine if you want privacy.)

Thanks.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hope this works well for you, Pebbles. I am praying for you. And glad to see you giving an update. I always wonder when i don't see an early morning Pebbles-post. How was the belly dancing?